News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thunderpuss Buzz

Started by Guybrush, June 22, 2012, 04:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncdb07

Forgot to mention, this is a fantastic clean boost when working properly. I also had a power supply problem with the Pork Barrel chorus, another great sounding pedal!
ncdb07
Daniel

Guybrush

Quote from: mgwhit on June 23, 2012, 11:23:58 AM
You can use a battery with gtr2's 3pdt boards.  As long as you have room in the enclosure.  Just wire the battery ground to a switched input jack and the battery + to a switched power jack.  See the standard wiring diagram.  Check out my Snarkdoodle build from a few weeks back.

Thanks mgwhit.  I'm struggling to see on your Snarkdoodle photo's as to just where the battery snap leads are connected.  I'm still at the 'following the layout diagram' level of building and I'm not really sure what you mean in terms of switched jacks. I don't suppose you could add the battery snap to this diagram could you so I can see what you mean?

Edit:  I've checked the standard wiring diagram and can see that I need a TRS jack for the battery ground and the battery + just goes to the spare lug on the DC jack.

And thanks for the link ncdb07.  I'll try those out too.

madbean

As a temporary measure, you can add extra caps for power supply filtering. A 470uF and 100n in parallel between + and - might do the trick.