News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Does the 2012 chunk chunk have board mounted pots?

Started by r4ndy, June 23, 2012, 12:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4ndy

The thread title says it all. Can someone please clarify?

I have some time off coming and want to get several projects completed. I have a dr boogey board I have had for a while, but it looks like the new chunk chunk might have board mounted pots. With the way I wire and a high gab circuit I an easier build would.

Thanks

madbean

ruffnick99

I have recently bought this PCB and I bought board mounted pots for it.  I have run into a little confusion about the orientation of the board.  If I mount the pots to the board as I have traditionally done where they are mounted on the opposite side of the board as the rest of the components the second row of pots seems backwards to me.  The top row with volume and gain makes sense with volume on the left.  The second row would then be pres, treble, mid, bass from left to right.  This seems backwards to me as I am used to the bass being on the left.  Is this how this pedal is supposed to be arranged? I am okay with it if it is I just want to make sure before I move on in the build.

madbean

Yep, when installed into an enclosure it is Bass - Pres. left to right from top down.  This is just how the layout worked out best.