News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PDF Cut and Paste Help

Started by aziltz, October 19, 2010, 03:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

When I etch boards, I take everything I want to make and panelize it into a 5 x 7 or 6 x 9 PNP for copper clad just using Powerpoint to arrange and print, and it works really well with the JPEGs I generate from Eagle.

However, it does not work very well when I cut and paste from PDFs like madbean's designs.  Things get slightly stretched and I can't seem to resize without losing resolution.

do any of you graphic-savvy people know how to do this?  Cut out the ready-for-transfer b/w images from 'bean's build notes so I can use them in my Powerpoint transfers?

Thanks in advance!

madbean

Have you tried just doing a screenshot and pasting that?

Haberdasher

Just a guess, but what you are describing sounds similar to what might happen if you cut from the madbean pdf (which is probably 300 dpi) and pasted it into a lower resolution document.

I'm not real familiar with powerpoint.....is there a way to set the dpi before you create a new document?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

aziltz

Quote from: madbean on October 19, 2010, 03:07:46 PM
Have you tried just doing a screenshot and pasting that?

I haven't tried this yet.

What I do is export at 600dpi from Eagle as JPEG and just copy/paste that into Power Point where I have a 5 x 7 in rectangle outlined.  I arrange everything I want to print to PNP Blue in this.  The JPEGs come through great, but not the Copy/Paste from the PDF yet.

madbean

Hmm. I could tell you how to do it very easily in an image editing program, but I don't know anything about Power Point, unfortunately.

In Adobe Acrobat, use the Snapshot tool to draw a rectangle around the PNP image. Then create a new document in an image editor and paste it in. Next crop it to the borders. Then, using the dimension info listed in the build docs, resample the image to that size. This will increase the DPI, most likely. To get the highest DPI, maximize the image in Acrobat first before taking the snapshot.

aziltz

oh I didn't see that you had the dimensions there in the PDF.  This might work

aziltz

that seems to have worked.  I haven't printed yet, but i've resized and it looks comparable to my imported jpeg files.  thanks!