News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shortbus

Started by madbean, October 19, 2010, 08:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I finished this off a few weeks ago, but never got around to taking pics. It's basically the TIM, although I opted not to have the extra switch in the knob to add in extra diodes. I've also got it running permanently at ~18v. Really dig it. I sold my TIM a few years ago and have been missing it ever since!

eniacmike

wow really clean! looks cleaner than a tim. I love the road rage mini board it looks so cool.

are you using 2 sets of sip sockets instead of DIP sockets?

madbean

Thanks!  Actually, it's a larger socket cut to size. Earlier this year I got my hands on a couple hundred 18pin sockets for next to nothing, so I've been cutting those into the sizes I need.

maysink

Shortbus. That's funny as hell. Is this a new project or just something you did for yourself?
[nothing to see here]
-e

pauloman80

I'd be very interested in seeing the build docs for this.  Cochrane's wait list is currently 8-9 months... I really don't want to wait that long. 
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

gtr2

Funny name!  My sister accidentally got to ride a shortbus to high school.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

irmcdermott

that looks so slick. can't tell from the pic, but is that a decal of some kind or did you etch the design and attach it to the box? looks so good man. great build.

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on October 20, 2010, 03:43:48 PM
Funny name!  My sister accidentally got to ride a shortbus to high school.

Your sister had an accident so she had to ride the shortbus? You sound like an insensitive brother to be talking about it on an online forum!

jokes.
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

The school district assigned her to the wrong bus.  She was only allowed to ride her assigned bus until it was "officially" changed... :( 
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer