News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DLS Overdrive

Started by raulduke, March 22, 2012, 03:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is the Rock part of the DLS on a PCB I did with switchable treble bleed caps.

Sounds good, just like my Catalinbread DLS. I freekin love this circuit!

The paint is 'vintage/old' hammerite (from my Dads garage again  :)) for that paint 'mojo' (it all adds to the tonez  ;)). It absolutely stinks so god knows chemicals are in it!

Really like the way this one came out. I used my 3PDT boards again as well. They are coming in very handy.

The knobs are aluminium and are from Farnell, for a pretty decent price too.

DuctTapeRiot

Wow, stunning paint!!!! I hear you on the chemicals, i was reading into doing a "Cracked" paint finish the other day and apperently the chemicals used are crazy toxic. Its amazing that everyone from the 50s-60s dosn't have  3 heads.

jubal81

Whoa, that wiring job is to die for. So neat.
Are those board-mounted pots? If not, how do you get the board so flat against them? I always have trouble with that.
EDIT: OOf. Just saw they are mounted. Love that. Combined with the switch board, you have a helluva system. Sweetness.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

Love that finish duke..

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

wow you get some sick finishes man... nice job as usual 8)

Ettore_M

The paint job is perfect as usual. But this colour. . . man, I just love it! ;D It came out really good. Great build!
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

raulduke

Cheers Guys!

I love the finish too, but unfortunatley, when its gone, its gone (can't buy the stuff anymore)  :-[

You are probably going to see a lot of my builds in this colour in the future though  ;)

Bret608

Let me add to the kudos on the paint! Is there a light blue hammerite readily available now that will get in this same territory? Rustoleum even?

raulduke

There is nothing like this in the UK that I have seen.

I'm not sure what Rustoleum colours there are (its not available in the UK).

There may be powder's this colour but thats mean getting into powder coating etc.

Bret608

I just tooled around on Rustoleum's site and it looks like there is a light blue for us stateside! Not quite as gorgeous as what you have here, but in the ballpark at least.

I have one more question...do you apply any clearcoat over the hammerite? I figure I should double-check since I haven't done used the hammerites before!

Cheers,

Bret

DutchMF

Man that looks good! Love the styling, simple, classy, I've got to try that Hammerite myself. And yes, wiring looks amazing. Cool!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really great job! The inside is soo incredibly clean. I like your footswitch board very much..That's something I've been interested in recently. Even though I'm good at wiring now it would save me a good bit of time. Your board layout skills are looking really good as well!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

raulduke

Cheers Dude!

Im going to put another batch of footswitch boards + connectors will be up for sale so keep a look out.

Im starting to enjoy doing my own layouts more and more to be honest. Dorkbot etc. make it so easy to go from a design to getting your own PCB's everyone should have a go IMO!