News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590a debut... Lavache!

Started by nzCdog, June 24, 2012, 08:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

I've been watching you guys do these teeny things for a while now, so with certain satisfaction I can now present my debut 1590a build...  Lavache! :)

Woo... these things are tiny! :o

midwayfair

!! You fit two switches *underneath* the perf? What's your secret (or rather, what switches did you use)? I can't get switches under a board in any enclosure shorter than a 125B usually.

whitebread47

Wow, that thing looks uber classy!  Excellent stuff-job and aesthetic, man.  Really, bravo!  :o
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

alanp

I'd be careful if you invited anyone around, they might pinch that! Seriously mean lookin' little pedal there. Are those Smallbear knobs?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Thanks guys! Kind words :)  These things are fun... I can see why some dudes get addicted to the 1590as! 

Quote from: midwayfair on June 24, 2012, 08:54:37 PM
!! You fit two switches *underneath* the perf? What's your secret (or rather, what switches did you use)?
Ha, thanks Jon... well if u really want to know, one was from Futurlec and one from Ebay I think, theyre just normal sized ones... I put a layer of foam tape under the perfboard and its sitting on top of the switches, all pretty tight but with the electro caps lying flat it, fits ok

Quote from: alanp on June 24, 2012, 10:05:02 PM
Are those Smallbear knobs?
Alan, the knobs are from http://www.surplus-electronics-sales.com :)

alanp

I've seen SHO's done in PTP in 1590A's, I wonder how much of a bird's nest a true-point-to-point LaVache would be in a 1590A...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

tagwap

That looks stunning!!! The jacks look very close though, don't they touch each other when plugged in?

nzCdog

Quote from: alanp on June 24, 2012, 10:51:25 PM
I've seen SHO's done in PTP in 1590A's, I wonder how much of a bird's nest a true-point-to-point LaVache would be in a 1590A...

Go for it!   Very do-able I reckon, not many more parts, and such a nice overdrive...

Quote from: tagwap on June 25, 2012, 02:31:35 AM
That looks stunning!!! The jacks look very close though, don't they touch each other when plugged in?
Thanks man, and agreed... they are very close!!!  :o ;)
I bent the earth lugs so I could get squeeze em together like that.  Don't know how I'm gonna handle a big enclosure like a BB now, I'll prolly feel agoraphobic  ;D

night-B

Congrats on fitting it in! The enclosure is gorgeous too!
I plan on building a PTP red llama in a 1590a, it takes a lot of time...

mgwhit

midwayfair

Quote from: nzCdog on June 24, 2012, 10:15:56 PMtheyre just normal sized ones... I put a layer of foam tape under the perfboard and its sitting on top of the switches, all pretty tight but with the electro caps lying flat it, fits ok

I think it helps that you only used the outside nut, too.

I mean to say, too, that the graphic is outstanding. Is the brushing on the top painted, or part of the decal with the lettering?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Jurassic

nzCdog

Thanks guys!  ;D

Quote from: midwayfair on June 25, 2012, 05:49:28 AM
I think it helps that you only used the outside nut, too.
Yes I was thinking about that after I replied... I only used one nut, a star washer and flat washer wth the toggles... same sort of thing with the stomp switch I removed the 2nd nut to keep it low in the enclosure

QuoteI mean to say, too, that the graphic is outstanding. Is the brushing on the top painted, or part of the decal with the lettering?
Thanks man... Painted by brush with acrylic art paint. Lettering is how I usually do it, laser printed onto waterslide transer paper, cut out and applied after the first clear coat... then left to dry overnight, with two clearcoats on top to finish.  :)

pryde

Wow. outstanding finishing on the enclosure. Great job!