News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590a debut... Lavache!

Started by nzCdog, June 24, 2012, 08:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

This is a beauty! I would've guessed that you got that enclosure from PPP, it looks so pro.

That sounds like a good tip about putting the waterslide on top of the first layer of clearcoat. What is the advantage?

Cheers,

Bret

masterlk

nzCdog

Hey thanks guys :)

Quote from: Bret608 on June 26, 2012, 07:13:19 AM
That sounds like a good tip about putting the waterslide on top of the first layer of clearcoat. What is the advantage?

2 reasons... specificly the paint I use is acrylic art paint, so the addition of water directly to it in the transfer process can cause it to soften and smear, even when dry.  2nd reason is clearcoat is glossy, so the waterslide has better adhesion to the pedal... I recommend letting the transfer dry over night before top coats however, the transfer seems to hold some moisture for quite a while after it looks 'dry', and can cause annoying little bubbles in the finish if you spray over too soon. :)

eldanko

Holy shittake.  I'm still oogling over how close those jacks are together.  There can't be more than a mm of clearance between the plugs when it's plugged in...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

p_wats

Amazing. Great looking pedal inside and out!

The most I've been able to cram into a 1590a is one knob and LED bezel...bah!

jtn191

beautifully done! Did you drill it with a template? That's been my problem with 1590a builds: placing the jacks and sourcing small enough parts

nzCdog

Quote from: eldanko on June 28, 2012, 07:25:13 AM
Holy shittake.  I'm still oogling over how close those jacks are together.  There can't be more than a mm of clearance between the plugs when it's plugged in...
lolz!  Yep pretty tight... I wanted to get them close to make plenty of room for the board ;)

Quote from: jtn191 on June 28, 2012, 10:47:31 AM
beautifully done! Did you drill it with a template? That's been my problem with 1590a builds: placing the jacks and sourcing small enough parts
Thanks man.  No templates for me anymore... I have started placing the exact parts in the enclosure prior to drilling and planning it that way.  Ruler and pencil to mark it out, tap the points out to ensure accurate drilling, and usually check the fit after every couple of holes to make sure. :)

bangerang101

Sweet build man! Great job overall... but specifically, I love the look (artwork/paint), neat wiring, the metallic knobs, and the use of perfboard for the circuit. Very nice!
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

Guitarmageddon

Very nice!
Watchout though, 1590As are addictive. ;)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

k.rock!

Duuuude!! That tweed finish kills!!  :o Superb work all around man...

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com