News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Devi Ever Console thread

Started by jtn191, June 27, 2012, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

As some of you may know, Devi Ever has successfully funded her Console project http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deviever/console-ii-cartridge-based-multi-fx-guitar-pedal

Though it won't be released until ~May 2013, I looked at the specs of the cartridge, which is 20x18 perfboard with some cutaways

I'm currently making a perfboard template in DIYLC of this format and will upload it here  as a .diy file. Just drag that file into your "templates" folder.
And here for a .diyx file for use with stripmagic.  We will be able to share layouts of these perfboard layouts to make our own cartridges!

What it looks like:

BTW, You can get DIYLC here http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/downloads/list

stecykmi

Scruffie

Looks like express PCB to me... which is what I use.

What are the pot values?
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

I put in a few bucks on the Kickstarter last week. I would like to see it take off. It's niche, but good niche!

She did have an Eagle template some time ago but I think the cartridge design has changed since then.

mgwhit

Very cool!  I looked at the Console info for a bit the other day and thought the cartridges looked awfully small, but they're a bit larger than I thought.  How are they dealing with the pots?  I'm assuming they're all set values and you have to tweak your design to use what's there.

jtn191

Quote from: Scruffie on June 27, 2012, 05:03:54 PM

What are the pot values?

I asked her and she said 100k linear, which can be modified by components on the board

Quote from: madbean on June 27, 2012, 05:06:02 PM
She did have an Eagle template some time ago but I think the cartridge design has changed since then.

Oh cool! That half-negates the usefulness of this  :-\ I assumed before seeing the perf layout that manufacturers would be able to make their own PCBs for the format.

Two things already discovered: that is pretty small for perf and my mac does not like diylc -.-

jubal81

I'm pretty sure she's said the Eagle templates will be available to anyone.

Looks like a good reason to finally try out SMD madness ...
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Jack Deville

You can always design your own enclosure and stick with the standard finger configuration.
There are a number of inexpensive plastics houses who can knock up a case for not a lot of dough.
Hell, I'm sure if there is enough interest, a group order for taller enclosures and associated perf PCBs would be totally possible. Take it a step farther and make an open frame enclosure to support a breadboard.
Just a few ideas...
I know I'll  be working on a few things for this platform.
Logic.  And Cats.  And logical cats.

jkokura

Yeah, I'm sorta interested. Looking forward to the Eagle Template...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

Quote from: Jack Deville on June 27, 2012, 11:03:48 PM
You can always design your own enclosure and stick with the standard finger configuration.
There are a number of inexpensive plastics houses who can knock up a case for not a lot of dough.
Hell, I'm sure if there is enough interest, a group order for taller enclosures and associated perf PCBs would be totally possible. Take it a step farther and make an open frame enclosure to support a breadboard.
Just a few ideas...
I know I'll  be working on a few things for this platform.

Yeah that's definitely been knocked around before. An EE near me had this idea for a protopedal http://suspectdeviceaudio.com/
And Zvex did that invento-o pedal or whatever. Devi just has made that effort to make some kind of standard that a lot of other builders are excited about. And leave it to Devi to make it with an aesthetic that's so appealing and nostalgic