Ghost Note (Afterlife with Sensitivity control) demo Woops, fixed link 7/2

Started by midwayfair, June 29, 2012, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Unfortunately it's tough to demo compressors with the handheld. But I have to work with what I have.

Enjoy!

Just wondering if there's something else people would like to see a demo of? If it's on my build list or in my stable, I'll give it a shot in the future.

SirEgno

Hi,
can I ask which pot you used for the sensitivity? Did you put a resistor in series with it?
I'm going to build an afterlife, but I will use it with bass and powered at 18V so I think it's better to have a sensitivity control.

Thank you.

midwayfair

Quote from: SirEgno on February 02, 2013, 11:48:29 PM
Hi,
can I ask which pot you used for the sensitivity? Did you put a resistor in series with it?
I'm going to build an afterlife, but I will use it with bass and powered at 18V so I think it's better to have a sensitivity control.

Thank you.

It's a linear pot in series with a 24K resistor.

jimilee

Always enjoy your videos and demonstrations. I'd like to hear the zero point sdx and the pork barrel along with a low rider. Do you own a bass?  ;D I'm curious of the tracking issues on the low rider and how it really affects real world use.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AMI'd like to hear the zero point sdx and the pork barrel along with a low rider.

I probably won't build a pork barrel. I've owned a really good CE-2 clone (Malekko) and ended up selling it to a friend. I tend to use a delay for "chorus."

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AM
Do you own a bass?

Yes, I own an Epiphone viola bass. My friend Joe (bass player in my band) has it on permanent loan, though. I'm not a good bass player. Also, somewhat ironically, I play bass with a pick.

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AMI'm curious of the tracking issues on the low rider and how it really affects real world use.

I've recorded with it on bass -- it works fine. If you use active, it will work really well. The tracking is somewhat better with larger signals.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on February 03, 2013, 03:17:12 AM
Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AMI'd like to hear the zero point sdx and the pork barrel along with a low rider.

I probably won't build a pork barrel. I've owned a really good CE-2 clone (Malekko) and ended up selling it to a friend. I tend to use a delay for "chorus."

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AM
Do you own a bass?

Yes, I own an Epiphone viola bass. My friend Joe (bass player in my band) has it on permanent loan, though. I'm not a good bass player. Also, somewhat ironically, I play bass with a pick.

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2013, 02:20:59 AMI'm curious of the tracking issues on the low rider and how it really affects real world use.

I've recorded with it on bass -- it works fine. If you use active, it will work really well. The tracking is somewhat better with larger signals.
Thanks Jon, that is a bit ironic that you use a pick with bass. I have the bass chorus from boss,and I'd like to build my own but I can't find a good reason to do it,the sustain and chorus is really great,I'd just like to go to a true bypass pedal (maybe I'll put THAT on the paramix,as of yet I haven't found a good use for it.). I play an active Ibanez 5 string and a Fender pbass with dimarzio humbuckers. Not active but a fat sound, so it should do well then.
So that's yes on the Zero Point sdx?  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.