News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD - Lovetone

Started by LaceSensor, July 01, 2012, 11:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Finally got out of bed today and finished this up with some graphics :)

Lovetone RingStinger clone.
Hopefully one day we will be able to make Lovetone ?Flanger clones :)

jaidee

Hey LaceSensor, any movement on the gut shots yet?

irmcdermott

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 02, 2012, 02:47:22 PM
I also have the doppelganger.
:)

I've been wanting one of these, and I saw your thread about your clone. Ever work out the bugs?

LaceSensor

Quote from: irmcdermott on July 23, 2012, 09:29:31 PM

I've been wanting one of these, and I saw your thread about your clone. Ever work out the bugs?

Not yet. Everything takes time and patience.

To the guy above, ill hopefully get the stuff sorted on the flanger this week.
I must admit im a bit scared to take it apart given how much it cost me.
There are already lots of gutshots, my aim is to scan the PCB to allow a trace to be done, schematic produced.

LaceSensor

Quote from: irmcdermott on July 23, 2012, 09:29:31 PM

Not yet. Everything takes time and patience. I dont have massive patience for troubleshooting.
I hope to revisit it sometime, there are some unidentified parts in my original but the main issue is the voltages are off on one of the ICs. I reckon its just a solder joint error somewhere....  ::)

To the guy above, ill hopefully get the stuff sorted on the flanger this week.
I must admit im a bit scared to take it apart given how much it cost me.
There are already lots of gutshots, my aim is to scan the PCB to allow a trace to be done, schematic produced.

LaceSensor

electricstorm

I'd be interested in getting the LoveTone Flanger traced out. Don't have one though. Need some really good pictures of it or someone could send me a broken one to trace out. Here is a trace of the main board and the daughter board done by shed FX over on diy Stomp boxes (intentionally left spaces). They look to be very accurate.

I am attempting to draw a schematic of the daughter board. From scanning through the datasheets for the MNxxx series BBD devices, I know that there is an MN3102 and an MN3207 on the daughter board (this took a while to figure out). Anyway, Anyone willing to attempt this? Here are some pictures.

Main board looking at solder side.

Daughter board looking at solder side.

Daughter board component side view.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

electricstorm

OK, I have drawn a schematic of the LoveTone Flange daughter board and believe it to be correct. This was drawn from pictures on the internet as I do not have one available to me. The schematic is not verified and has several notes on the drawing. Here it is for anyone who is interested.

Here is a link to a better picture:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3690/daughterboardschematic.png

Parts numbered on daughter board (my numbering based on above schematic).

The photos I have seen show a red, shielded (outer shield is grey) cable, white, brown, blue, black and red wires going to the daughter board. The blue wire is not visible in the top view of the board but is shown in bottom views that I have come across. So the brown, red and blue wires are best guesses as to where they gconnect as they are obscured in the photos I used. The diode values are a guess also.

I know the resistor values are correct. The IC's were compared to datasheets of the MN3102 and MN3207 and were connected just like most of the circuits in those datasheets (although the MN3007 could also be a possibility). I was given a list of cap values by buck007 at diy stomp boxes but was not given any reference as to locations on the board. I guessed as to which value went where. just read the notes. I believe LaceSensor has (or had) a LoveTone Flange and may be able to verify some of my findings.

This is a draft and anyone looking at the schematic should read the notes that are listed on it. You could also breadboard it and see what it does, maybe give some feedback.  ;D

I would like to get this off the ground if anyone is interested. Still need some good photos of the main board and parts.

Edit: Was given correct cap values and locations. Updated schematic and added last photo of daughter board. Still needs to be verified though.

2nd Edit: R10 on schematic has been corrected and daughter board picture has been updated. Uploaded both on 11/28/2012.

Enjoy!
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

LaceSensor

I can help just gimme some time to get on it, really busy these days
Appreciate your work so far..

nvnc7

Hi everyone !

I've just built a doppelganger thanks to Lacesensor, and I'd be glad to help on the Flange With No Name !
Well I don't have one + I'm a noob + I'm french  ;D, so I doubt I could help you efficiently but still you can count on me, at least to encourage you   ::)

LaceSensor

Quote from: nvnc7 on November 21, 2012, 08:56:00 AM
Hi everyone !

I've just built a doppelganger thanks to Lacesensor, and I'd be glad to help on the Flange With No Name !
Well I don't have one + I'm a noob + I'm french  ;D, so I doubt I could help you efficiently but still you can count on me, at least to encourage you   ::)

Would you mind putting up some pictures and stuff in my thread, or making a new build thread in the reports section?

electricstorm

That would be awesome if you could help out. Anything, at this point, would be better than nothing at all. I am trying to do a schem of the main board, however, it won't have values as I can't make out the values in the photos I've seen online. Hopefully, the resistors and caps will be in place and then maybe we can get some values and verification as we go. The wiring is another story as it is not clear where wires go on the board. I have the daughter board drawn out above, but it needs to be verified.

I am also making a double sided Doppelganger circuit board. I mostly have it done, but not too sure about the size as Eagle Lite only lets me create an approximately 3 inch X 4 inch PCB. I'll post it after Thanksgiving if anyone is interested. Was planing on sending it to Osh Park (the PCB files) so i could verify it.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

LaceSensor

Quote from: electricstorm on November 22, 2012, 05:13:37 AM
That would be awesome if you could help out. Anything, at this point, would be better than nothing at all. I am trying to do a schem of the main board, however, it won't have values as I can't make out the values in the photos I've seen online. Hopefully, the resistors and caps will be in place and then maybe we can get some values and verification as we go. The wiring is another story as it is not clear where wires go on the board. I have the daughter board drawn out above, but it needs to be verified.

I am also making a double sided Doppelganger circuit board. I mostly have it done, but not too sure about the size as Eagle Lite only lets me create an approximately 3 inch X 4 inch PCB. I'll post it after Thanksgiving if anyone is interested. Was planing on sending it to Osh Park (the PCB files) so i could verify it.

I have a scan of the main PCB for the flanger as well as pictures of the gut shots.
Get dropbox and I will add you to my shared folder for the photos.
Also can I get in on the Oshpark thing please as I would like to have a smaller build.

thanks

electricstorm

Hey LaceSensor, I downloaded the Dropbox thing you mentioned. Now I need to learn to use it.

I can post a picture of the board in the next day or two (an Eagle layout). It is doublesided and based on a schem I made using your info, a picture or two of the DoppelGanger and a schematic Bean posted elswhere on the forum. Turns out the schem he posd was pretty accurate. The LFO sections had to be swapped according to a trace of the DoppelGanger board. I have also been looking at adding the pedal 1 and pedal 2 jacks to the Meatsphere that Taylor has a PCB of.

I am still learning to use Eagle but will try to post an actual size board layout soon as I can figure out how to do that. Anyway, I'll get it done soon as I can.

later!
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

nvnc7

Thanks ! I have dropbox too. I'll try to help as much as I can  ;)

Photos of the Doppelganger are coming soon !