Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD - Lovetone

Started by LaceSensor, July 01, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

chordball

Quote from: electricstorm on November 22, 2012, 07:25:53 PM
Hey LaceSensor, I downloaded the Dropbox thing you mentioned. Now I need to learn to use it.

I can post a picture of the board in the next day or two (an Eagle layout). It is doublesided and based on a schem I made using your info, a picture or two of the DoppelGanger and a schematic Bean posted elswhere on the forum. Turns out the schem he posd was pretty accurate. The LFO sections had to be swapped according to a trace of the DoppelGanger board. I have also been looking at adding the pedal 1 and pedal 2 jacks to the Meatsphere that Taylor has a PCB of.

I am still learning to use Eagle but will try to post an actual size board layout soon as I can figure out how to do that. Anyway, I'll get it done soon as I can.

later!

I'd be interested in one of those PCB's if you decide to offer them!

electricstorm

I'm not as good as Brian, Josh, or some other Eagle experts here, but here is my doublesided Doppelganger board. As I said earlier, I'm still learning how to use Eagle. I have not finished the wiring details yet, in case anyone is wondering what all the SW connections are for. These will connect to the foot switches and toggle switches.

The board is limited in size as I have the Eagle lite version and it limits you to the size board you can do. Anyway, I hope to finish checking some things and send this to Osh Park soon so I can verify it.

Rotary switches, LED's (except LDR LED's), and Pots will mount to the back side of the board. I used 9mm pots for this layout. A little nervous about the spacing for knobs!

Let me know what you think.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

LaceSensor

Looks hot. Will it fit in a 1790ns?

Would you consider me as a helper to verify it?

jkokura

Yep, that would fit in a 1790, but if be worried about the rotaries being too close to the stomps. That's a typical problem with those pedals though.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

I know it's not the True Jedi Way, but you could take the rotaries out and just put a couple of spdt switches in.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

electricstorm

Sorry to reply so late, had a funeral to attend over the weekend.

LaceSensor, yes, I would be honored to have your assistance verifying the board. I'll let you know when I send it to Osh Park, we'll work something out on where to go from there. Also, let me know how to access your Lovetone Flange folder to see your photos of the board when you get a chance.

Jacob, what suggestions would you make, other than maybe SMD parts, to make the board a bit smaller? I think I may have made a mistake with the pots as I wanted to make them board mounted. I later found out that the 9mm pots have extra pins for mounting to the board (like the ones used on the mini board that were sold elsewhere on the forum by another member) if you get the right-angled PCB mounted pots.

Alanp, I thought about that, and still might try it later, but wanted to stay somewhat true to the original look with the exception of the slide switches near the top of the pedal.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

jkokura

Quote from: electricstorm on November 25, 2012, 06:56:32 AM
Jacob, what suggestions would you make, other than maybe SMD parts, to make the board a bit smaller? I think I may have made a mistake with the pots as I wanted to make them board mounted. I later found out that the 9mm pots have extra pins for mounting to the board (like the ones used on the mini board that were sold elsewhere on the forum by another member) if you get the right-angled PCB mounted pots.

Well, you have got quite a bit of vertical space going on there. I'm fairly certain you could rearrange things so the board is up to 1/2" shorter. Also, you make use of a lot of vias, so I would play around with arranging traces to get rid of as many of those as you can, not that they're bad, just that I see several you don't need.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

LaceSensor

Quote from: electricstorm on November 25, 2012, 06:56:32 AM
Sorry to reply so late, had a funeral to attend over the weekend.

LaceSensor, yes, I would be honored to have your assistance verifying the board. I'll let you know when I send it to Osh Park, we'll work something out on where to go from there. Also, let me know how to access your Lovetone Flange folder to see your photos of the board when you get a chance.

Alanp, I thought about that, and still might try it later, but wanted to stay somewhat true to the original look with the exception of the slide switches near the top of the pedal.

PM me your dropbox email and ill invite you to share.

cheers

electricstorm

LaceSensor - PM sent.

Jacob, The three via's in the upper left are there because I had isolated the upper polygon and had to route a connection for the air wires (I am guessing these were among the ones you were referring to). I know it could be better, but practice makes perfect as they say. I'll review the Eagle tutorials so I can save the layout I have now and not loose it when I try to do another layout. I would have preferred to have board mounted pots, but may have to just abandon that idea and just make connections off board. Since it is semi-complex, I'll have to think about how to lay it out better. Maybe I should use 1/8 watt resistors instead. Might also think about using toggles instead of rotaries like alanp suggested. Thanks for responding!

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

LaceSensor

I think if people are putting effort into making smaller doublesided boards then ditching the rotaries is totally worthwhile, and actually makes its more useable as Jakob mentioned the rotaries will just get kicked otherwise. Its bad enough on the real thing or indeed my "full size" clone

electricstorm

It may take me a little time, but I'll see what I can come up with then using toggles instead. I want to keep the current layout just in case. Thanks for the input everyone!
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

electricstorm

Ian (LaceSensor), when you get time, would you verify the transistors for the Lovetone Flange. This is what I think the locations are:

Q2, Q14 - BC307B

Q1, Q6, Q11, Q13 - J113

Q3, Q4, Q5, Q7, Q8, Q9,
Q10, Q12, Q15, Q16, Q17 - BC549C

Also, are there any other identifying marks on the transformer?

I have a partial parts layout, but needs more work.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

LaceSensor

Hi

Id have to take it apart again which is a pain
The transformer is from Oxford Electrical Products, model 1200 if memory serves
details here

http://uk.farnell.com/oep-oxford-electrical-products/oep1200/transformer-isolation-600-600-ohm/dp/1172348

electricstorm

There is an error on the Lovetone Flanger daughter board schematic. R10 should be 330R, not 300R. Soon as I have some free time I'll update the schematic. Sorry about the error. I have since discovered that the Brown, Red, and Blue wires are correctly located on the board. Pretty good guess, huh!

Edit: Daughterboard schematic has been corredcted and reposted.
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations