News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD - Lovetone

Started by LaceSensor, July 01, 2012, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Anyone up for cloning this most rare of rare beasts?
This is my 2nd one, wont ever be selling this one, unless Im REALLY in dire need.

night-B

alanp

What ICs is it based around?

With the CV input, I have to wonder if it's based on something Moog or Oberheim...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

ITs not based on any other design far as I can tell, I thought Lovetone were original.

Its using a 1024 stage BBD (likely Panasonic MN3007 / 3207) and corresponding clock MN3101 proably. The IC are sanded top.

LaceSensor

Bret608

Wow, cloning this would be an incredible public service for the DIY community! I can't even imagine what all sounds you could get from this thing. Congrats!

madbean

This is one I would be interested in cloning.

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on July 02, 2012, 07:44:02 AM

If I take pics, will you help with the schematic please? Im not good at that side of things.
I also have the doppelganger.

:)

monkeyssj1

i like this idea

madbean

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 02, 2012, 07:47:22 AM

If I take pics, will you help with the schematic please? Im not good at that side of things.
I also have the doppelganger.

:)

To start, we would need one clear, top down shot of the top and bottom. It should be done with a sufficient aperture so that there is minimal distortion on the edges. IOW, the two images come out as rectangles so they can be laid on top of each other. If you can start with that, the PCB itself can be recreated in Photoshop, as well as traces to a schematic.

madbean

Also, before doing any major disassemble, make sure to take some pics of how it is situated in the enclosure. You want to get a sense of whether or not the whole rig will come out as one piece or not first, or if any wires must be desoldered. If so, you need to have good photo reference of exactly how things are connected together before proceeding. This will ensure you can get it back together!

LaceSensor

I already did this with the Doppelganger, but I made a scanning of the PCB.
I was able to make a etch of the PCB that way. However, my build had bugs that I wasnt able to work out yet.

With regards taking these apart, you just need to desolder the Power supply. Everything else comes out as one (once you unscrewed everything of course).

will get time later in the week to do this :)

jimijam

Please make this happen! I've been building every flanger I can find. just got some more sad 1024's as well. this would kick ass
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

LaceSensor

Sorry for delays maybe later tonite I get chance! Or definitely next week. Been I'll in bed!

TNblueshawk

Ooooo this looks cool.
John