News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking

Started by eniacmike, November 24, 2010, 08:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

painted in testor's diamond dust

I put the bmx on there because to me that is the modern centaur, and I hate astrology even though I am a sagittarius and the centaur is my sign. I also though it was a little tongue and cheek.

I used 1n34a for the diodes, and chose to leave the buffered bypass in. it was a little tricky fitting all the resistors on the switch. maybe next time I will use a x-wing switch.

all in all this was a pretty easy build or at least nothing went wrong for me. thanks madbean for the awesome directions even though I checked everything 3 or 4 times before soldering to make sure I had it right it fired right up the first time.

sound is killer, worth the work (actually ordering parts was the hardest work).

stecykmi

oh man, i love that paint. i need to get out to a hobby store pick some of that stuff up.

eniacmike

I love testor's one coats they really do go on in one coat. diamond dust, inca gold, lime ice are my favorite colors. deja blue is a little too dark for me because I do black decals but if you did white it would be pretty close to the timmy color.
http://www.testors.com/category/137167/One_Coat_Lacquers

the cans are a little small I usually get maybe 3 pedals per can but thats not too bad. usually when I buy big cans of spraypaint I end up throwing them out becuase they don't spray right for the bottom 1/3 of the can.

stecykmi

do you let them air dry? i often put my spray painted enclosures in an old toaster over on low heat for about 20 mins. it really speeds up the drying process.

gtr2

Very nice job, looks like you've got the 1st new klon everyone's talking about over at tgp :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

Quote from: stecykmi on November 24, 2010, 11:13:32 PM
do you let them air dry? i often put my spray painted enclosures in an old toaster over on low heat for about 20 mins. it really speeds up the drying process.

i toast them for 30 min at 150. but the testors paint actually dries really fast on it's own, even if you don't have a toaster.

mjcyates

Looks great!

Quoteall in all this was a pretty easy build or at least nothing went wrong for me.

That has been my experience as well. I have built about 5 of these and every one fired up first time. It is a time consuming build but worth it in my opinion.