News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny experimenting..... Need a starting point!

Started by DutchMF, July 04, 2012, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Guys, I've got a Mudbunny board loaded with just sockets (except the pulldown resistor and power supply parts) to try out some different component values. Currently it's set up as a Violet Rams Head with all parts per the BOM, diodes, trannies and all, as that seems to be pretty popular. Haven't had the time to try it out yet but my question is this: where should I start experimenting, some other layouts (like the Green Russian or Triangle) or the transistors and diodes. I've got a heap of different trannies and Midwayfairs Diode Kit on the way (Thanx man!) and all components to try every permutation available, so I'm a bit overwhelmed with possibilities! Some help in the decision-making process would be very appreciated....... :o

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

bigmufffuzzwizz

Just to make it even more overwhelming for you check this out..http://rkerkhof.ruhosting.nl/Taas/Mods/Big%20Muff.htm
There is a ton of info for modding big muffs, I've stated a lot of changes I've done on this forum if you search. FSB has a lot of suggestions in the BM thread.
Experiment with trannys, diodes, try taking the diodes out or just one set (like tonebender). Playing with the ceramic caps (470pf) increase or decreasing. If there is something specific your looking to do I may be able to help you in that direction.
My next step is gonna be trying other tone stacks as this one is kinda crap..though sounds better modded!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

the3secondrule

I really like MPSA13's or other darlington's in q1+4. seems to add extra edge and trebly grind.

Also the tone bypass switch is a good option  ;D
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"