News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

White Pony (Wolfshirt)

Started by MadPostman, July 08, 2012, 01:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPostman

A complex and harsh fuzz, I really like this one. Great project MadBean!

I had mentioned earlier that I would never try to paint an enclosure again but I'm glad I did. The decals are actually just cutouts from a high gloss paper and glued on, finished in a clear acrylic. I can't believe this worked as well as it did. Quite tedious though.

This is a bit of an homage to one of my favorite bands and albums, The Deftones "White Pony".

"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

rps-10

Nice clean looking design scheme you hae.
This is the madbean take on the fOXX Tone Machine right? I need to build one of these, I love Tone Machines and my own is slowy dieing. I need to retire it and get a new one.

chromesphere

Looks cool man, i love the look of white on color, wish it wasn't such a PITA to do :)

Also like your presentation.  The background material in photo 1 looks almost galactic. May i ask what it is?  Green foil? I could stare at it for hours...

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

icecycle66

Quote from: chromesphere on July 08, 2012, 04:34:25 PM

Also like your presentation.  The background material in photo 1 looks almost galactic. May i ask what it is?  Green foil? I could stare at it for hours...

Paul

Glass top patio table.

nzCdog

Very tidy build, nice job, the finish is great :)

Quote from: icecycle66 on July 08, 2012, 04:48:31 PM
Quote from: chromesphere on July 08, 2012, 04:34:25 PM

Paul

Glass top patio table.

Sounds like a great idea for a pedalboard with lights :o

MadPostman

Boom. icecycle66 is correct. Glass top patio table.

I never realized how much more difficult it was to screen white on color in comparison to dark on lights. I definitely took the hard route.
"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

chromesphere

Quote from: MadPostman on July 08, 2012, 05:20:40 PM
Boom. icecycle66 is correct. Glass top patio table.

lol that sort of killed the magic :) that said, i think you know where i'll be photographing my next build :D

Lots of effort (white on dark) but look at it.  Looks hot!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

GrindCustoms

Love the reference, one of my favorite Deftones album as well with Around the Fur and Saturday Night Wrist! 8)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Nice build.  I like the white on red theme.

Interestingly, I am about to box up my Wolfshirt (just gotta finish painting and etching the enclosure).  The artwork is done and titled White Wolf.  Soon there will be a litter of white animal themed pedals.  Maybe I'll have to get around to boxing up a White Llama pedal as well.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

whitebread47

Quote from: pickdropper on July 08, 2012, 08:25:07 PM
Nice build.  I like the white on red theme.

Interestingly, I am about to box up my Wolfshirt (just gotta finish painting and etching the enclosure).  The artwork is done and titled White Wolf.  Soon there will be a litter of white animal themed pedals.  Maybe I'll have to get around to boxing up a White Llama pedal as well.   ;D

I got dibs on White Rabbit!  ;D

Yeah, that's a very nice build.  White Pony is one of my favorites of theirs, right next to Around The Fur.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

sgmezei

Chris that finish turned out KILLER!!!

Haberdasher

another fan of white pony here

nice build!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

night-B

I have painted the same graphic on my backpack years ago. White poney is deftones best album ever! You make me want to listen to knife party again  ;)

Bret608

Awesome-looking build!

I've got my Wolfshirt board (prior version to this one) about half-populated. If I didn't already have a penny vein enclosure I want to use, I'd be joining the white animal party! Cool theme. But it would not be a white snake!  ;)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer