News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triforce Chorus - Pork Barrel @ 15V

Started by eldanko, July 09, 2012, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

My wife is a huge Zelda fan.

As in, I was forced to buy a second Wii only a few months after selling our first one when my wife heard that there was a new Zelda game coming out.  So...

This is the Triforce Chorus.  It's a Pork Barrel + Road Rage housed in a translucent gold enclosure from PPP.  After my nightmarish experience with my MN3007-based Current Lover build, I was prepared for the worst with this one.  To my extreme pleasure, it fired up on the first try and sounds incredible.  I did the lush mod as well - the LED on the left is static, and the one of the right pulsates with the rate.  I <3 chorus.

Sorry for the crappy gut shot... I neglected to photograph the guts before attaching the charge pump to the lid...

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

irmcdermott

greyscales

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bret608

Oh my, that is lovely! Am I seeing a hot pink cap under that lid?

I love when someone does a chorus with non-obvious chorus colors!

G.G.

great job! I wanted to build my TriVibe with a Triforce theme but never got it together. Yours looks fantastic, great job getting it all in there.

MadPostman

Very slick. I love it. I just finished a Pork Barrel as well. I should have left a static LED too. Did you just leave the static LED wired as per the Standard Wiring Diagram and then add the LFO indicator mod?

The finish and decal are awesome.
"No two DIYers are alike, in general they're an upbeat and friendly group that shares a special trait: the courage to screw up."
My Website | Twitter

jkokura

I bet it's a red 10nF Wima Cap...

Great work Dane, I like how slick it looks.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

nice build.  i soooo mn3007 regret selling my porkbarrel :(
will build again

TheCobbenator

Wow, this looks just great!! I've not been into chorus for a while, but this is pretty hot! Why haven't I made a Zelda-themed box yet??

ncdb07

ncdb07
Daniel

eldanko

Bret - Jacob guessed it - WIMA cap!

MadPostman - You are correct.  One LED for the mod, one LED wired straight to the switch.

FWIW, I picked up my MN3007s from Mojo Musical Supply for $6 apiece (compared to $11 at Small Bear) and all three of them were good.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Bret608

Quote from: eldanko on July 10, 2012, 02:13:19 PM
Bret - Jacob guessed it - WIMA cap!

MadPostman - You are correct.  One LED for the mod, one LED wired straight to the switch.

FWIW, I picked up my MN3007s from Mojo Musical Supply for $6 apiece (compared to $11 at Small Bear) and all three of them were good.

Ah, one of the red Wimas! Those are pretty. On my not yet boxed up Cosmopolitan, I have some of those along with some blue Epcos and grey Kemets--if the latter were white, it would have looked as if I chose American flag-themed caps!

Checking out Mojo Musical Supply as soon as I post this...

DutchMF

Very nice build, can't understand why nobody has mentioned the nice knobs yet! Are those mini chickenheads?

Does anybody know if the depth-mod also works without the LED? I have 2 LEDs on my Porkbarrel as well, but I never look at the LFO-indicator, and it's not particularly bright. For the next one I build, I'd like to put the mod on a switch, and if it's necessary, I'll just put the LED inside the enclosure.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"