News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Magnavibe.

Started by raulduke, July 12, 2012, 08:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is my Magnavibe clone I built up in one of those trapezoid Hammond enclosures.

Really nice, simple, effect. The PCB is my own design (called 'Sloppy Kiss'; god knows why  :lol: ).

I'm considering ordering a batch of these to sell (got people on board at the mo from BYOC). If anyone else would like one just let me know.

PCB's cost will be around £5-7 I imagine.

There is also a photo of my Ampmaker WF-55 (with mods). I was tweaking it last night so got a quick snap. If you live in the UK/Europe I HIGHLY recommend their stuff!

Excuse the crappy iPhone pics:

njkke

Nice! Demo demo demo! :)

pickdropper

Nice looking build.  I really like the paint color.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

stecykmi

man, that's easily the lowest parts-count vibe i've ever seen. i second a demo!

raulduke

OK I'll get something sorted.

Warning: all my recording gear is boxed up at the moment (moved house) so it will have to be an iphone demo. Should give a good idea of the tonez though!

jimmybjj

Great looking build. Great layout. Love those switch boards of yours.
Pcbs no longer available

raulduke

Cheers dude.

Yeah Im pretty pleased with the layout for this one.

The switch PCB's/Connectors are for sale (I bought a batch so can offer some up for sale).

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5464.0

I've lowered the price on them as well.

jtn191

nzCdog

Cool work Raulduke!
I'm sooo close to pulling the trigger on an ampmaker PP-18
Nice to hear a demo sometime :)

raulduke

Cheers Dude,

I say go for it. Even with paying for a custom cab you would have to drop £1000.00 + for an amp of a similar quality to the ampmaker stuff (depending on your wiring skills of course  ;)).

My Se-5a just needs its final stage of testing doing then its ready to go.

I'll post a build report when its done (should be by the end of the weekend).

plesur

I second for the quality of the Ampmaker kits. My PP-18 is my go-to amp for medium volume stuff. I built it a few years ago. It was quite gainy, so I swapped the preamp valves for 5751s which cleaned it up a bit.

k.rock!

pretty sweet build man! That trapezoid enclosure played a trick on my eyes haha I thought the iphone screwed up those pictures and the 125B was looking warped! haha

I dig it man. And that amp looks really sweet too! What's the circuit based on?

-k
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com