News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED not workig

Started by Dhendo, April 14, 2010, 06:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhendo

I just completed the serendipity build and everything is working (it sounds awesome) except for the LED. I know this is a good problem to have but not sure what I did wrong. I used an ultra violet 5mm LED. What should I trouble shoot first?

madbean

How did you wire your 3PDT?

68Charger

One thing to be careful (I learned this from my own experiences) is that some bezels will not do a great job of keeping the leads on the LED from touching, so I did some searching and found that the Radioshack bezel does a great job.

However, it all depends on how you are hooking everything up in your pedal.

Goodluck!

Austin

Dhendo

I wired it up following the project file. I just checked out the bezel and the leads don't seem to be touching.

Dhendo

Okay here is a picture of the board. Just to possibly eliminate any stupid mistakes on my end, I've got the longer lead going through the square solder pad.

mjcyates

Turn it around. Put the long lead in the circle pad and the short lead in the square pad. I know this is opposite of what you would expect, however, if you look at the board the square pad is the ground to the switch. I had this problem on one of Brian's boards. Turned it around and it worked perfectly.

Dhendo

Just switched it and it works!!! Thanks so much for your help

mjcyates

You are welcome. I love the easy fixes!