News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking 3.0 build!

Started by neiloler, October 25, 2010, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neiloler

I finished this one over the weekend, but I'm not sure I've got the right mojo going on, it seems to be either a moderately boosted clean boost when the gain is low, but once I crank the gain, it removes a LOT of the highs and there's still not much distortion.

Any quick guesses as to which part I should start checking for/from? I went back over every solder joint in the thing with my iron, so I believe they should be okay...I believe the only pRt substitution was. 370 pF insfeal of the 390 pF cap. :S

The bypass/buffer works fine and sounds pretty transparent from what I can hear.

Help?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

madbean

Neil,

Can you double check the circled values for me?

What diodes have you used?

[attachment deleted by admin]

neiloler

The diodes used were 1N270 (for the GE diodes that is).

C13 = 22nF (should be 27nF...)

The rest of the caps and that resister circled should be exactly per schematic.

Could this be the result of the diodes not clipping enough kind of thing? (or the threshold voltage being too low so I don't get much signal out of them)?

neiloler

Yeah... So I just realized I had a wire going from pin one to pin two of the footswitch. Fixed it, sounds great. :) imm post pictures shortly.

neiloler

madbean

Dude....that is rad! Kinda evil looking.

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

gtr2

Is that the "Death of Klon" version?  :D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

neiloler

It's a picture I found on the Wiki article on "Centaur". :) I thought it looked strange enough to be cool (I think the whole "this picture is from a greek urn" is lame looking...OPINION ALERT! ;) )

mjcyates

Kind of creepy but very cool!

Diamond

Love the graphics!! Any pics of the inside?

jackbart1960

Another "very cool graphic" here for ya! Nice job and original idea for sure.
This is as creative as I have gotten so far. This was for a couple of COT50 clones I was building. I'm going to try a burst with clear colour on a polished box for my Silver Fox build.
Peace. J.J.B.