News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking Triplets

Started by mjcyates, October 25, 2010, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Three newly completed Sunkings with new boards! Built these for some friends. They came together without any issues and sound great!

eniacmike

EXCELLENT layout. I just got a barber tone press and he uses a very similar layout with the jacks parrallel with the switch and the power jack mounted above.

I really want to build a sunking just to try it but the BOM gives me headaches trying to order all the stuff.

mjcyates

QuoteI just got a barber tone press and he uses a very similar layout with the jacks parrallel with the switch and the power jack mounted above.

Yes I am a huge Barber fan, that is were I got the idea for the layout.

QuoteI really want to build a sunking just to try it but the BOM gives me headaches trying to order all the stuff.

Yes it is quite parts intensive but I think it is worth it. As a stand alone overdrive, good but not great. As a lead boost stacked with another overdrive, sounds fantastic! I use project manager at Mouser to save BOM's for all of the projects that I do. That way I only have to go through the pain once.

eniacmike

Quote from: mjcyates on October 25, 2010, 04:13:43 PM
Yes I am a huge Barber fan, that is were I got the idea for the layout.

when I first started drilling pedals I copied an mxr and didn't realize they use dpdt's turned sideways so once I put 3pdts in I couldn't fit a battery.

jkokura

Very somber looking. All the Black.

I should have some pics of my first Sunking up soon. Got some boards in the mail!

One thing about the jacks. I personally like my jacks on the 'top' of the box. I think if I were to ever build with Jacks' on the side, I would still put them not parallel to the switch. I put my switch in the lower corner now. Room for a battery to the side of it, and then LOTS of room for the board above.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Triple Sunkings!!!  :o Nice...

The side jacks do make the wiring nice and clean, but on my pedal board the non diy pedals with side jacks and side power jacks always conflict with each other.  It's really the side mounted power jacks that I hate.   :-\
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

QuoteVery somber looking. All the Black.

Yes, I don't personally care for it but that's what they requested.

Quotebut on my pedal board the non diy pedals with side jacks and side power jacks always conflict with each other.

The main key to me is consistency. Most of my non-diy pedals are Barber, so I use his layout so all my pedals go together nicely.

eniacmike

I guess thats why we make our pedals! I don't mind side mounted jacks or power personally because I like to space my pedals out. the only pedal I have with top jacks is a fulltone soul bender,

gtr2

Yeah, that's the great thing about diy!  To each his/her own.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

masterlk

Nice looking pedals - everything is better in 3's! :D