Main Menu

2nd Build: Distortion+ .... first attempt in 1590a

Started by (DEAD)fx, July 24, 2012, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(DEAD)fx

omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com

midwayfair

Nice job! That's not a small board to fit in with regulay non-isolated jacks.

Haberdasher

congrats david!
not easy getting all that stuff in a 1590a
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

timbo_93631

1590a for your second build!  good for you, I had many builds before I ever tried going tiny.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bigrigg

Woah, that box is 1 mm away from a hundred shorts.  LOL  Nice job with the squish.

Bret608

Nice fit indeed! Whose PCB did you use for this? Dist + is a fave of mine.

(DEAD)fx

thanks so much dudes! Yes, definitely a few mm away from shorting indeed hints the need for the electrical tape  ;), I should have taken a bit more time in the prepping the layout phase but my confidence and excitement got the best of me. It does work exactly as it should though which is good. The only thing is I didn't leave enough space for the trs and ts jacks to mechanically "flex" if you will when an instrument cable is inserted so it's a bit more of a struggle than normal plugging in and if you have the output cable in to far/ shoved in too hard it shorts out something and doesn't work at all. I believe it's simply the mechanical issue of not giving enough room for the trs jack so i'm ok with that since it's my first try and all. Look forward to doing more of these and perfecting my planning methods.

..... the board is the tonepad mxr distortion+ pcb
omnipresent dude at (DEAD)fx, davidevansaudio.com/deadfx
tech/design engineer/shop rat at Avenson Audio, avensonaudio.com

midwayfair

Quote from: ricercar.record on July 25, 2012, 06:11:09 PM
thanks so much dudes! Yes, definitely a few mm away from shorting indeed hints the need for the electrical tape  ;), I should have taken a bit more time in the prepping the layout phase but my confidence and excitement got the best of me. It does work exactly as it should though which is good. The only thing is I didn't leave enough space for the trs and ts jacks to mechanically "flex" if you will when an instrument cable is inserted so it's a bit more of a struggle than normal plugging in and if you have the output cable in to far/ shoved in too hard it shorts out something and doesn't work at all. I believe it's simply the mechanical issue of not giving enough room for the trs jack so i'm ok with that since it's my first try and all. Look forward to doing more of these and perfecting my planning methods.

..... the board is the tonepad mxr distortion+ pcb

You might as well replace that jack with a mono jack if it's giving you trouble. There's no battery in a build this size.