News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Catalinbread Galileo

Started by k.rock!, July 25, 2012, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

http://proguitarshop.com/catalinbread-galileo.html

Man, I'm loving the tones out of this thing!

What do you guys think?

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

irmcdermott

Sounds good. It's just a "redesigned" CB30 and Naga Viper for a treble boost. Both of those are out there, so it shouldn't be too hard to get close too it.

midwayfair

The PGS demo is just unreal. I know they always record great demos, but except for the Bohemian solo, all of them were pretty much "close my eyes and it's dead on." The opening "We Will Rock You" clip in particular was spectacular.

As Ian noted, we do have some DIY options for getting cranked Vox sounds, and I'm betting FSB already has at least part of this equation (minus the newer mods). I do want to know what this sounds like on cleaner settings.

It's a lot of pedal for $200 retail, too. Just sayin'.

greyscales

Considering a lot of Catalinbread's pedals are $150+ individually, this doesn't seem like a bad deal. And it does sound pretty close to the real deal.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Matt Gnarly

I didn't love the CB30 when I had it, but really liked the Naga Viper (unfortunately I traded it for the CB30). To me the CB30 sounded a bit thin through my amps, it actually made me want a Voxish amp rather than satisfy my desire for one. The Naga Viper on the other hand was a fantastic pedal, I should've held on to it.

angrykoko

+1 Naga Viper
Built one from a layout I found on FSB or DIYStompboxes, really easy to build and a great pedal.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

irmcdermott

I wonder what they did to the Naga Viper to just make it a treble boost. Because a three knobber, right?

Haberdasher

yeah it has range boost and heat
It's possible they kept the boost control and used a resistor to replace the other 2 controls.  According to the schematic I'm looking at the heat control is a 1kb and the range is a 500ka.  maybe split both in half to use the average?  I dunno, socketing the two positions might not be too bad an idea either.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

irmcdermott

it just got cracked open on FSB

jtn191

that's a really smart concept & name for a pedal: Brian May in a box. somewhat deceptive that they've got the Edge and BM doing testimonials on AC30s when this emulates that

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm really surprised at how good that sounds. Really does sound dead on to what they're going for. I feel like I hear more tonality in this video than most amps in real life.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals