News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TS808 Clipping

Started by irmcdermott, July 27, 2012, 09:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Hey everyone,

Did a layout for and just built my first TS808 clone (shocking, I know). On my layout I included all the "expensive boutique mods" from GGG. Wanted to ask those of you that have done it, is there almost no difference whatsoever between the center position and the LED clipping of the on-off-on switch? i thought the center position was supposed to be more of a boost. trying ti figure out if this is normal, or if there is something fishy with my layout/switch.

mjcyates

You must have something not quite right. There should be a pretty noticeable increase in volume when going from the LED clip position to the center Diode Lift position. Also the diode lift position does not have as much clipping and to me sounds kind of harsh.

irmcdermott

Quote from: mjcyates on July 27, 2012, 10:12:03 AM
You must have something not quite right. There should be a pretty noticeable increase in volume when going from the LED clip position to the center Diode Lift position. Also the diode lift position does not have as much clipping and to me sounds kind of harsh.

Yeah, there is a huge bump in volume in the center position. It just has the same amount of distortion in it as well.