News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

yo.

Started by aziltz, July 26, 2012, 07:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Big congrats to you!! That's some really great news!!

Homebrew is most certainly a wonderful gift on any occasion. You giving them a full batch each??  :)
Steam beers are delicious. What kind of belgian style did you brew?
Pedals and beer(homebrewing included) are also my 2 passions. Makes sense there would be more into it here. Half of my homebrew club are engineers!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Congtrat's dude. Nothing better than when you marry the right woman and in my case when you marry up. Conversly I guess she married down  :-\ :P
John

jkokura

Stoked for you Austin! Marriage has it's challenges, and finding the right person is only half the battle. Congrats,

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

aziltz

Thank you all again for the congratulations.  This time next week, I will be enjoying the reception!  Everyday closer is more and more exciting.  Today my wife-to-be took me to the driving range so I could learn how to golf, so I don't look like a fool in the family outing next Friday.

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on July 27, 2012, 11:49:13 AM
Homebrew is most certainly a wonderful gift on any occasion. You giving them a full batch each??  :)
Steam beers are delicious. What kind of belgian style did you brew?

The Belgium was by accident.  We got the recipe from a locale place, but they wouldn't tell us what hops were in it.  It was supposed to be a Pale Ale recipe.  Anyway, the recommended yeast is actually under debate I guess, as the flavors from it are more like a belgian.  We thought it tasted a little funky for a PA until we started thinking of it as a Belgium.  Now its yum.

I'm giving them each a 6 pack with 3 local beers and 3 homebrews.  They're also each getting a cooler/chair to go with it.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's the great thing about belgian ales..especially the spontaneous fermented ones. Sometimes you create something wonderful on accident! Strange they wouldn't tell you the hops as the grain/yeast are really the deciding factors of the flavor.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

snz728

I too got married in Buffalo 11 years ago and we just celebrated our anniversary.  I think if she is ok with you building effects and making beer, you have found yourself a gem. ;D  Congratulations.

blakemoth

Big Congrats, sir! Only been married for 2 years, but it's been awesome. Pedals, Beer, and Photography are all 3 passions of mine, although I wish I had the set up for some home brewing.. Good call on a DSLR for the honeymoon. I bought my first DSLR before a trip to Africa, and they are still some of my best photos I've ever taken. If you want any pointers on photography, PM me or something.