News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

yo.

Started by aziltz, July 26, 2012, 07:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aziltz

so I'm getting married next week, August 4th in Buffalo, NY to the most wonderfully awesome woman, in front of almost 250 friends and family.  It's been a long, long wait for this but its been more than worth it.  (\end sappy rant).

I was going to make pedals for all my groomsmen as gifts, but that was too much work, so I made them beer instead.  actually, 3 beers.  A Belgian, a Steam Beer and something I call Irish Gold.

I'll be off to Jamaica the week after.  Very excited so say the least.  I got her a nice Nikon DLSR (DSLR?) for a wedding gift so we should have some nice pictures to share afterwards!

eldanko

NICE dude.

Camera's a great idea.  As were the beers.  I've already got a kegerator... been toying with the idea of trying homebrewing...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

DutchMF

You are a man of good taste! Beer is a way better gift then a pedal! (slightly depending who your groomsmen are....) Getting married is a blast (almost my first anniversary!) and judging by what you are writing, you are off with a good start. Enjoy, and if she's the one, keep her!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

aziltz

she's a keeper all right.  i totally got the better deal!

culturejam

Congrats, Z-man!

Homebrew FTW!

I just got back from the homebrew shop. I'm brewing this weekend, and the wife has asked me to show her the ropes. Should be fun having a helper for a change.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

eldanko

Am I sensing a strange correlation between these two hobbies?   ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Bret608

I agree, this is an uncanny confluence of taste in hobbies!

My wife (of 14 years now! Hard to believe) got me this "beers of the world" sampler for X-mas. I loved it! So for my recent birthday, my wife wondered aloud what to get me, and just when I was about to say "money for pedal parts!", my five-year-old daughter says, "just get him a pack of beer!"  :)  So I did in fact receive a "summer beer" sampler. God I love my family!

All the best to you and your wife! Enjoy it because it goes by way too fast.

DutchMF

Quote from: Bret608 on July 26, 2012, 12:47:33 PM

My wife (of 14 years now! Hard to believe) got me this "beers of the world" sampler for X-mas. I loved it! So for my recent birthday, my wife wondered aloud what to get me, and just when I was about to say "money for pedal parts!", my five-year-old daughter says, "just get him a pack of beer!"  :)  So I did in fact receive a "summer beer" sampler. God I love my family!

All the best to you and your wife! Enjoy it because it goes by way too fast.

Bret, you are a lucky man! And aziltz, again: enjoy!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

sgmezei

Congratulations! The beer for the groomsmen is a Great! idea.

Jeff B.

Congratulations.  Good call with the brews for gifts.

Quote from: Bret608 on July 26, 2012, 12:47:33 PM

Indeed there is.  I have a batch of Dark Lager beer to bottle next week then I'm going to make some spirits with Still Spirits for the first time, I can't wait. ;D  
Just 8 days for 23L of 15-20% for next to nothing.  My local shop rents the "water purifier" that can further refine it up to 60-80% which can be cut down to 40% and mixed with their flavor essence packages to create a very large assortment of drinks.  Their website is http://stillspirits.com/.  It should prove to be an interesting experience.  

alanp

Aziltz, congratulations in advance!

:)

God bless New Zealand, where home distillation (owning and operating a still) is completely legal for your own use. I've done a few homebrews, no spirits yet though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Congrats dude!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

aziltz

Thanks everyone!  the closer we get to August 4th, the less stressed we are from all the planning and the more excited we get to enjoy the occasion.

gtr2

Enjoy your time together.  It goes fast!!!!  Congratulations  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer