News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The quest of space saving.....

Started by GrindCustoms, August 03, 2012, 03:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I'm trying real hard at the moment to save the more space possible on my board...

So i combined 2 pedals that i use the most.

Chimaera have a diode lift switch and a 250K gain pot, for more available gain if needed.

Mini Mojo Clean Boost with flipper switch, could'nt live without that....  ;D

I went for a classy look, i may get that pedal etched...dunno yet..., and thinking of making this a production pedal, it's seriously awesome......

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

Very impressive. I did one similar a while back with a Sunking and a Rump Roast boost. I have no idea why I gave it away. Dumb dumb dumb.

What does the boost mini toggle switch out?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Pretty sweet.

Also given how loud my Sunking with OA126s (a mere .65 Fv) is, I can't imagine how much volume you're getting with the diodes lifted and a 250K pot. Insanity!

nzCdog

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jubal81 on August 03, 2012, 03:49:54 PM
Very impressive. I did one similar a while back with a Sunking and a Rump Roast boost. I have no idea why I gave it away. Dumb dumb dumb.

What does the boost mini toggle switch out?

You definitly need to build another one! hehe

The mini switch is a flipper, so you choose if the clean boost is before or after the klone.

Quote from: midwayfair on August 03, 2012, 03:50:13 PM
Pretty sweet.

Also given how loud my Sunking with OA126s (a mere .65 Fv) is, I can't imagine how much volume you're getting with the diodes lifted and a 250K pot. Insanity!

Yeah, it's damn loud Hahaha, I wanted the 250k for when i use it as an overdrive just to get a bit more gain, but when diodes are lifted, with the output barely open, gain cranked to 3oclock, the boost it gives is really impressive.

With the klone set that way, with the clean boost maxxed out in front, you get an really nice overdrive with  unpredictable crackle/clipping, really nice

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/