News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few of my builds, hello!

Started by skullservant, July 30, 2012, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullservant

New guy here, been building pedals for pretty close to two years now. Been using Madbean boards in a lot of my projects  8)

I guess I'll start more recently and work my way back.

First up is the Madbean Afterlife, with the attack mod that I found here on the forum before joining:

Here is a circuit that is loosely based off of the Bazz Fuss, but with greatly different values, different transistor, and a huge output cap to boost any amp:

Next is a project that combines a ZVex Super Hard On into a double Bazz Fuss inspired circuit. The Bazz Fuass side has pregain, circuit gain, master volume, footswitchable oscillation, a 3dpt toggle to take the first bazz fuss out of the circuit, power starve.

And the prototype, this one has the Bazz Fuss into the SHO which was later flipped in the black version of the pedal.

This next one was made very specifically for my pedalboard, it is a 2 loop true bypass looper, followed by a Klon Buffer, into a SHO booster:

This next one was a bit of a joke, but I wanted to make a Big Muff with a Madbean board using nothing but Orange Drop caps. Civil War spec'd:

This one is an optical theremin I put together with power starve and togglable sub octave. I accidentally stepped on it:(

This next one was a multiples unit I put together for when I had my Moogs. Just a series of jacks with switchable on/off inputs.

This next one is a point to point version of the Bazz Fuss from up above.

PTP tagboarded SHO:

I call this one the VERMIN PULSE. I made it for my wife. It's a Madbean RAT with mods into the Madbean Double Flush Tremolo, with a 4DPT to switch between the order of the effects. Seriously awesome sounding pedal. Really should have planned the wiring better.

Rams Head spec'd Muff with power starve, mids, and oscillation. I loved this one a lot before I traded it.

Zvex Whooly Mammoth:

Music From Outer Space WSG with SHO, power starve, master volume.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Up next is a Cavedweller Deluxe with a 3dpt to switch between two different times, momentary oscilaltion, and a mix control.

After that is a Black Russian Big Muff revamp, followed by a Maestro FZ-1 into Shin Ei FY2, and lastly a Madbean Runt with clean blend and pregain.

jkokura

Super cool to see your progression! You're certainly not into stock builds are you!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

skullservant

thanks man! I think its really interesting to add mods, it makes them so unique and personal  ;D

lincolnic

These are great! Come show us your next builds when you finish them.

skullservant

Most definitely, will do! Just waiting for wire at the moment. Would have finished up the rest of the pedals yesterday if I had some!

bigrigg

Really cool stuff.  Interested to know what you could get out of that theramin build?  Could you play through it or just creat it's own noises?

midwayfair

Awesome stuff. I LOVE the lolsy Mudbunny. That's just hilarious. It's also kind of cool actually that you don't label ANYTHING.

gtr2

wow! on the builds

Quite a first post  ;D

Welcome to the forum!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

skullservant

Thanks for the kind words all!

Quote from: bigrigg on July 30, 2012, 04:07:48 PM
Really cool stuff.  Interested to know what you could get out of that theramin build?  Could you play through it or just creat it's own noises?

It's a really simple circuit that just uses a 555 timer chip and 2 photocells. It's great to plug into delay and blast off into space! I'm not sure if you're familiar with Atari Punk Consoles, but it's really just one half of the Atari Punk with a photocell instead of a pot

monkeyssj1

great builds mang.

how do you enjoy the wsg? I've been thinking about building one for a while. I built the drone lab from casper electronics instead of going for the wsg

skullservant

Quote from: monkeyssj1 on July 30, 2012, 05:03:25 PM
great builds mang.

how do you enjoy the wsg? I've been thinking about building one for a while. I built the drone lab from casper electronics instead of going for the wsg

I loved it while I had it. The mods I did really made it a well rounded synth. Ended up selling it to fund a Moog Minitaur, which then I ended up selling to get a Flower Electronics Little Boy Blue.

With the power starve on the WSG, it could get really really noisy instead of being just blips and bloops and drones, which was awesome

Bret608

Hey skullservant, nice to see you over here! You should totally post your Mascis tribute Fuzz Factory.

Guybrush

Fantastic builds!  What is the finish on the Bazz Fuzz if you don't mind me asking?

skullservant

Thanks Guybrush! It's Red Vein from Pedal Parts Plus, I think it's a premium finish? Still not bad ($7) for the 1590J enclosure paint fee.

Quote from: Bret608 on July 30, 2012, 05:30:20 PM
Hey skullservant, nice to see you over here! You should totally post your Mascis tribute Fuzz Factory.

TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE PEDALS ON MY INSTAGRAM. Thanks for reminding me man!

Here's the J Mascis tribute Fuzz Factory with bigger input and output caps. Now its just raunchy loud like Mascis himself:

This is the Madbean Cavedweller Deluxe I'm putting together, totally forgot I took a picture of it, and totally ran out of wire half way through putting it together. It's got a 4dpt to select between 2 delay knobs, as well as a momentary oscillation switch which dimes the dwell knob, and a clean blend breakout board.

Here's my MusicPCB Tap Tempo Tremolo in the sparkly purple enclosure, which features the tap devide and tempo momentary switches, along with my personal madbean Cavedweller with selectable delay times via the switch that can go from a 100k pot to a 50k pot.

Now this is the big boy that I've been working on for some time. It's a Maestro FZ-1 into a Shin Ei FY2, with two togglable footswitches to go from 100% wet to blended signal, as well as power starve for each circuit. Really excited to get this one wired up!

pickdropper

Wow, there's a lot going on there.  You've got some cool stuff going on there.

I have to ask: how to you keep all of the controls straight in your head without labels?  Can you remember what each knob does?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper