News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Error found on the Pastyface BOM & the volume drop

Started by chromesphere, July 31, 2012, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgwhit

Cool.  Glad you got it working!  I think this is a great fuzz.

Any idea what the problem is in your test box?  (I've got a voltage sag knob on mine, and I can't count the number of times I've accidentally tested something that sounded like ass only to realize that the sag was accidentally sagging.)

chromesphere

Not sure!  I replaced a bunch of suspect wires but it is still cutting the output signal.  I think im going to bin it and start again.  I was thinking, might be nice to have a road rage in the next test box with a bunch of different voltage outputs.

Also forgot to mention.  I was A / B testing the two soul benders.  I noticed one had alot more clarity, the other sounding darker.  Was hard for me to decide which one i liked more, but i ended up going with the "clearer" version.  Checked over both the boards and noticed that i'd removed that 47k on the output for the 'clearer' version, but left it on for hte 'darker' version.  Once i removed the 47k for the 'darker' version they both sounded the same. If i built them again, i would put that 47k on a switch "light" & "dark" or something like that. Probably affecting the output impedance or something?  Worthwhile checking out the difference though imo.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube