News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity

Started by Dhendo, April 15, 2010, 03:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhendo

After a super easy LED fix the pedal is all done. Took a picture with it in the sun to show off the sparkles haha. It's not as neat inside as I would like but I'm slowly getting better.

Boom

Very nice !

I love those sparkl finishes. What kind of enclosure did you use ? I just finished mine in a B type enclosure, but I had some trouble with clearance between the 470n caps and the lid. Did you ?

Dhendo

Thanks! I used a 125B and I cut the clearance pretty close but it just fits. I ended up bending the LED leads a little bit so I could push the PCB down further.

CapnCrunch

Hey Dhendo,

How does this thing sound?  I've never played a ZD but they were all the rage for a while.  Now it seems the Eternity has taken over that spotlight.  Anywho, just curious about what you think of your new serendipity.  Is it worth a build?

Thanks

gtr2

Bump on the sound of your build!  Looks nice :o  How is the pcb secured?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Dhendo

Hey, sorry haven't checked this board in awhile. The wires are supporting the PCB in the middle, I actually went through and rewired the pedal so I could get the PCB more towards the end of the box.

As for sounds, I'm really terrible about explaining stuff but it sounds a bit tubescreamer'y to me at times, and changes a lot by playing with the tone and voice knob. I also didn't like it with the gain knob past 12/1ish. Haven't played a real ZD but I'm happy with Robben Ford and John Mayer overdrive tones I can get out it