News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremolo Build (Wobble Wobble Wobble)

Started by raulduke, August 08, 2012, 01:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is my EA Trem I built up recently.

A GGG EA Trem kit was the first pedal I built, which I later butchered for parts, so I decided I needed me some more!

I love the EA Trem circuit; it has a nice shape to the modulation (not too square).

I put a switch on the PCB I did to allow the circuit to be used as a boost (switches the LFO circuit output to ground).

Its a really nice preamp (IMO) so I like to be able to use it without the Trem.

I used the decal method I'm going for now as well, using clear adhesive labels rather than waterslide decals (I never got along with waterslides).

Hope you guys like the pics  :) !

midwayfair

Snazzy! Also one of my favorite circuits. Fairly easy to mod, sounds stellar, and never perfectly cycles for a really nice amp-like trem.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Very nice looking build.  I built that one a while back and it is a nice, warm tremolo.

I put a second footswitch for the preamp only mode, but I wish I had put it on a switch instead.  I may rehouse it at some point.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

raulduke

Cheers for the comments guys.

I'm happy with the way this one came out.

Building this has made me want to try CultureJam's 'Shoot the Moon' though... it never ends  :D!

njkke

Did you use a 2N3904 or a 2N5088 for Q1? I have soldered a socket and tried many transistors, 2N5088 give much more depth to the wave and I love it!

raulduke

Yeah I used a 2N5088 for that part of the circuit.

The circuit I used (just like the GGG schematic), also has a JFet (2N5457) input buffer.

Its a really nice tremolo IMO, funny that it was designed in the 60's.

If it aint broke don't try to fix it I guess ha ha (like the fuzz face etc.)!

njkke

Ea is the best tremolo I've ever built... But I'm waiting for the Phobos! ;)

pickdropper

Quote from: raulduke on August 09, 2012, 08:09:02 AM
Cheers for the comments guys.

I'm happy with the way this one came out.

Building this has made me want to try CultureJam's 'Shoot the Moon' though... it never ends  :D!

I have built this, the BYOC Tremolo and have CJ's STM ready for boxing.

The STM is a great sounding trem and quite a bit different than the other two.  It gets closer to square than the others, if that is a sound you are looking for.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper