News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Recordin' Board - Mainly Madbean

Started by frankie5fingers, August 10, 2012, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

Didn't realize until I looked at it, I guess I moved to Beantown without realizing it. Just added the Pastyface to my home recording board. and it looks like I only need a couple more to make it all-Bean. Every one of them has kicked a boutique pedal off the board; not because of my misplaced feeling of accomplishment but because of the design and Forum help I got to tweak them to exactly what I wanted them to sound like... They booted the store bought in favor of better tone... period.
From the left, Two Timer - that one's gonna be replaced - not sure by what.  An OC76 (68, 68, 92 hFE)equipped Pastyface with an outboard Bias - outstanding tone BTW, DejaVibe - may have a permanent home, Badgerplex - may be replaced by the Fat Pants?, Serendipity W/C1 and C3 to 220n and an OPA2134 and BAT41s - I use it as my highest gain OD (who needs a Dumble?), Morning Glory with an OPA 2604 - still really like it, next is a Bean "Other Builds" schem Timmy with C3 - 39n 4148s and another OPA2134 run at 18v - wow, that's all I can say, MorC, and of course, the Weener Wah with a few mods - - R2-47K R4-220K Q1 and Q2-2n2925, C1-10n C5-15n C4-330n a Whipple and a McConOPot.
Thanks much to Brain and so many others for the pieces and parts, but most of all for the much needed advice and assistance.  A good "working" board, a good first year in the "art" of building and a great Forum for the help I needed to make it so. Thanks again, Frank

monkeyssj1

that's becoming the case with me too

nzCdog