Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

12. EGODRIVER + vero FATPANTS

Started by Liustucru, August 13, 2012, 04:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liustucru

Hello,
it's been a long since my last post.
So here's a 2-in-1 I built some time ago.
It is a vero Fatpants V1 (because Madbean's board was out of stocks) into an Egodriver (OCD specs no mods).
I love the combo ! And I took advantage of the 18V outlet of the Fatpants to power the Egodriver.

All easily fits in a 1590BB box.
Nothing more to say. It just rocks.

stecykmi

very classy build, i love making 2 in 1 pedals myself.

no nut on the egodriver switch though!

nzCdog

Those LED holders are awesome.  Tidy work :)

Marshall Arts

That looks great, I also dig the green one I saw somewhere here. As I ordered the parts to build one myself, I would have two questions: Do you have any sound samples of this? More important, you write, that the fat pants signal goes into the EGO driver. Did you consider/try it the other way around? Would be glad to hear/read from you.

Liustucru

Quote from: mfunky on October 19, 2012, 10:41:08 PM
That looks great, I also dig the green one I saw somewhere here. As I ordered the parts to build one myself, I would have two questions: Do you have any sound samples of this? More important, you write, that the fat pants signal goes into the EGO driver. Did you consider/try it the other way around? Would be glad to hear/read from you.

I built that one for a friend and the green one for myself.
I really like both circuits and I like even more how they sound together.
Currently, it is placed just after the compressor in my signal chain.
I play with the comp and fat pants always ON.
I switch the egodriver ON when I want a good crunch sound for rhythmics or low gain for solos.

So with the fatpants before, the egodriver is pushed into higher gain settings.
With the fatpants after, it just adds more volume.

I prefer the first configuration but I encourage you to give both configurations a try before boxing them or add an order switch !!!

Unfortunately I have nothing to record myself but my phone and I don't have my amp at home (I use a cheap transistor Vox amp in my work space and it doesn't pay any tribute to the quality of such projects).

Marshall Arts

Thanks for the information - yes, I plan to add a toggle switch for the order of the two effects. I will post results, as soon as the PCBs arrive and I finalize this build.

Marshall Arts

Hi there,

unfortunately, I got stuck with my project... maybe you have any recommendation for me (with your experience ;-)).

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6823.msg58425#msg58425

Best,
Matthias

Marshall Arts

Hey there,

once again, thank you very much for the inspiration. I only changed the position of the LED's, thus having additional space for a battery between the two footswitches. I am not completely done with the fatpants part (still waiting for the J201s...), but the ego already sounds fantastic. So glad I did this. I will post additional pictures once I am completely done..

Thanks,
Matthias

GrindCustoms

Dig this!

The enclosure color with those knobs, colors for each effect...layout.., looks tight!  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Marshall Arts

Here is my interpretation of this great build: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=7002.0

Thanks!