News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LaVache Build

Started by whitebread47, August 17, 2012, 03:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebread47

So I haven't posted any of my builds for a while now; it's time I do that.

I populated this board a while back, but never boxed it up. I did so today. Still waiting on a 2n3565 that I think I may like better than the 2n5088, but here it is. It sounds much more like a Tweed through my AC15 than it does with my Champ.

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

nzCdog

Very tidy mate, nice build!  They sound good with the 2n3565, good call :)

Jurassic

Good work! Those knobs are perfect choice with that enclosure color!

-Juri

sgmezei

Looks sharp. I am building mine with the boost on a switch too. I love the gold and brown.

Bret608

Yeah, that is a sweet color combination! May have to pinch that sometime. The LED really tops it all off nicely.

gtr2

I've had brown knobs like that laying around for over a year.  You may have inspired me to use them  :)

Great build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

whitebread47

Quote from: gtr2 on August 20, 2012, 11:23:20 AM
I've had brown knobs like that laying around for over a year.  You may have inspired me to use them  :)

Great build!

Josh

I really love using the brown amp knobs wherever I can.  They aren't aesthetically proper for most of my builds, but they shine here.  Of course, I totally went the "make it sorta look like the Les Lius" route, but I think if there is one thing Sean at Lovepedal nails from time to time it is the cosmetics (ex. Redhead, Englishman).
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

whitebread47

So I just got some new trannies in.  These were 2n3566's, which I was told by the donor were the same spec as 3565's.  This one sounds SO much better than the 2n5088!  All around, just a more natural sounding transistor in this circuit.  It plays much more nicely with my SF Champ than the 5088 did, though both sound great through the AC15.
Blake

nzCdog

Yay!  Good times ahead... rawk it loud! 8)