News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flapjack (HotCake) build

Started by LaceSensor, April 30, 2012, 07:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Got this board from the Buy and Sell forum here.
Managed to source some vintage RCA 741 tin can op amps.

Use a B10k for gain, seems to have an ok sweep.
This variant seems a bit grittier than others Ive built.
I might try other op amps at some point.

jtn191

LaceSensor

Quote from: jtn191 on April 30, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
sweet mojo!

Three observations:

1 Through my Blackstar artisan, this sounds lovely!
2 There isnt much clean headroom if any available, but its very responsive to touch / gtr controls
3 There seems to be a rather abrupt note decay which is subtle (low in "the mix" if you will) but not unpleasant...cant put my finger on it. Might be the op amp? not sure...

in any case, this is a great overdrive. kicks the ass of my Green Bean, and I like that a fair bit....

goldfixe

I've seen several build reports with the green board attached to the 3PDT switch.  Where did you buy them?

Ettore_M

Quote from: goldfixe on May 18, 2012, 06:51:15 AM
I've seen several build reports with the green board attached to the 3PDT switch.  Where did you buy them?
You can find them here. 
www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3618.0
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

timmins

Quote from: LaceSensor on April 30, 2012, 11:30:15 PM
Quote from: jtn191 on April 30, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
sweet mojo!

3 There seems to be a rather abrupt note decay which is subtle (low in "the mix" if you will) but not unpleasant...cant put my finger on it. Might be the op amp? not sure...

Hi there... Nice build! I just built one of these myself and noticed exactly the same abrupt decay. It's like the input threshold where it starts to clip is quite sudden. I'm using a LM741... did you have any luck with other op amps?

nzCdog

Slick.  I really like your Gigahearts logo