News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It's not a pedal but it is a Tele

Started by TNblueshawk, August 20, 2012, 07:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Been working on this for 9 months. I'm not the quickest but I am steady! First guitar project build if you will. First nitro job and man did I spend an unreal amount of hours on it. I had a ton of help from some people at ReRanch and elsewhere to answer all my dumb questions.

I figure the traditional Tele lovers will hate this. The gold harware haters will hate it and well Tele haters hate it anyway  :P But I like it  :)

Body by Plaid Sabbath purchased on the second hand market. The neck is a Warmoth Wenge wood.

John

GermanCdn

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.  And traditional tele players should not take offense.  P-90 sound phenomenal in teles, in fact why more guys don't build them that way I don't know.  Now, if you put a floyd in, put a motherbucker in the bridge, and painted it pink, I could see a minor revolt (wait, pretty sure Fender did that with the HM series).....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GrindCustoms

John, i hoped that you'd post it here aswell, she's just gorgeous! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

mgwhit

Wow!  That's an amazing finish.  I've got a La Cabronita body that's been hanging in my closet for about 10 months because I've been too chicken to wet-sand it.  This might be the inspiration I need.  Might have some questions for you in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy it!  I'll bet those P-90's sound great.

whitebread47

Whoa!  :o

Nice job.  For some reason, this is the type of Tele I believe a hitman or mob boss would play.  It looks so classy, yet sinister.  I love the neck!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

TNblueshawk

Thanks fellas.

MG, ask away when it is time. I'm surely no expert but I did learn a lot of "what not to do's" as much as what to do that is for sure. To be honest I was pretty nervous the entire lacquer/clear coat/wet sand process but I just went into it careful and with a plan through preperation the best I could.

Someone else mentioned a James Bond thing too WB. So I have mob boss and James Bond. I like it !
John

pryde

Gorgeous Tele. Great job on the finish. Funny last year I built a similar tele but finished it in Tru-oil.

nzCdog

TNblueshawk

Quote from: pryde on August 20, 2012, 09:08:05 PM
Gorgeous Tele. Great job on the finish. Funny last year I built a similar tele but finished it in Tru-oil.

Thanks.

Brothers from other mothers !   ;D
John

LaceSensor

Damn that's intensely gorgeous. Hearty congratulations.

Vallhagen

Quote from: TNblueshawk on August 20, 2012, 07:41:58 PM

I figure the traditional Tele lovers will hate this. The gold harware haters will hate it and well Tele haters hate it anyway  :P But I like it  :)
:D

Not sure if i fit in any of those cathegories  :D ...

It looks all classy to me. Verrrrry nice job!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

slimtriggers

Really nice!  Beautiful job on that finish.  I have a wenge neck on my Warmoth Strat and I love the feel of it. 

midwayfair

Wow!  :o

Love P90s. What manufacturer did you use for the pickups?

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

sgmezei