News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pair of Lowriders for a Pair of Buddies

Started by sgmezei, August 20, 2012, 08:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

A couple lowriders for two good friends. Built stock with 'Bean' specs, leave out C12 and 1n for C10.
I thought the trimpot wasn't doing anything until I actually re-read and followed the directions. Helped me tune in the high octave as advertised.

Haberdasher

Wow man, those look killer.  You are really nailing that fabric technique!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

GrindCustoms

Your firends are really lucky to have you as a friend, beautiful builts in and out! :)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Yeah.... theyre pretty much PURE awesome.
Saw 'em on your facebook page too...  you sir, have a talent 8)

alanp

I like those.

How well does the fabric hold up to wear and tear? Do you lacquer it at all?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

chromesphere

Love the fabric look sgmezei!

Gotta ask, have you ever covered a pedal in tolex? (like an amp).  Wonder if its even possible / not to thick.  That would look pretty cool...

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

pickdropper

Pure awesome is right.  Those look very cool.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

sgmezei

Thanks guys!!

@chromesphere, I haven't done tolex yet but I have seen people do it for sure. You just can't fold the corners like I do, you have to cut it. Looks really awesome actually. I have some brown western tolex I want to do some with. I would use contact cement though for tolex.

@alanp, I do clear coat them with a polyurethane to seal them. It is used as a clear coat for hardwood floors so I figured that would be the toughest finish. The glue I use is water based so you definetly have to clear coat it with something to seal it. I found this out the hard way when a buddy spilled a beer on one. The pedal turned milky/glue coloured but dried out and went back to normal in 30 mins......not an exciting event.
So far they are holding up great!

Vallhagen

Arty. Beautiful!

The low rider is a great circuit as well... So your friends will have a good time both playing and viewing them:)

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

midwayfair

I love this fabric technique. The lettering on the blue one cool, too. How do you like the sound (even though they're not for you)?

sgmezei

They sound awesome!! I have my own and it is very synth-like. I use it in my cover band to play dancey pop stuff to imitate synths and other junk. It is awesome for single lines. Don't try and play chords though!!! hahaha

mshuptar

I'm digging that blue fabric covering - beautiful.