News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole - AGM

Started by alanp, August 20, 2012, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I have a looper! It's somewhat lo-fi compared to the fancy ones, but that's part of it's charm. I went with the oldschool labelling because it's not a painted enclosure, plus I didn't want to wait that long. Maybe I'm just getting better at the metal side, but Smallbear enclosures seem to drill faster than Tayda ones.

It's a Mad Bean Loophole, with a board kindly etched by Cdog. I dodged a lot of wiring by doing wire links on the pots -- all of the pot grounds are tied to the Volume ground lug, then it's one wire to the board. The play and filter pots are linked directly, as well. Even so, it was a pig of a thing to wire up.

Why is it called 'AGM'? Think about it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

We have loopoff!  Nice one Alan, you've beaten me to that build :)
All the AGMs I've been to have sounded...

Vallhagen

That oldschool labeling technique (a DYMO machine?) is really cool. Can you even buy them these days?

AGM? Another Great Monster?
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

night-B

alanp

Yep, Dymo labelling. They still sell them, well they do in the Stationery Warehouse here in NZ.

AGM -- Annual General Meeting. The first half hour is interesting, after that it's repeating the same stuff over and over until it sinks into some peoples' heads when you say it again the tenth time.

The Tayda knobs I picked up are quite nice, they won't work with smooth shaft PCB mount pots though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website