News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honey Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jackbart1960, November 09, 2010, 05:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackbart1960

OK after I was just about mugged for my green version of this build I thought would post my second one. That I built for me dam it!!!!  ;D Thought I'd try a little different go at the finish. I think the green one looks better after all but they both sound frigg'n outstanding!!!!
Peace. J.J.B.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stevewire

Hey Jack,
When you say "mugged", do you mean you sold the first one or gave it to someone?  You were talked into a deal?

Yes, can we see a picture of the guts?  Did you go the NOS Green LED route on either?  Just curious what the difference could be at all compared to the modern LEDs.

jackbart1960

gtr2, it does look like rootbeer on my computer too. It's very red though. I was trying to do some sort of a burst with yellow and red Dupli Color Metalcast . It didn't work out as a burst too well but still looked kinda cool. Firery red yellow. But when I lettered it, waited two days, and then clear coated it the lettering pickled and "Nature" blured. WTF??? But it does still looks very cool and sounds flipp'n outstanding!!
Steve ya I sold it while being not quite hounded I knew my local guitar tech really liked it and sold it to him for the cost of parts and a good meal  :D
Oh ya you vultures here are the "guts" of my latest HB. Excuse the glue but it's for me and I feel a lot safer with those floppy caps glued in place and went a little nuts.  ::) It's the old naval avionics tech in me.
Peace. J.J.B.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

loves_guitar

This may seem like a silly question, but what type of glue do you use? I'm trying to find something that isn't a glue gun!

jackbart1960

Jacob, Thanks man ;D L.G. It's a glue gun. The best you can do is different colored sticks. The only other is potting compound and that stuff sucks!!! Peace. J.J.B.

princeton

Nice build man. Very clean. Did you try to combine Yellow Shark and Serendipity?