News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Silverfox V3 - anyone build it with all the trim pots external?

Started by Beedoola, August 14, 2012, 10:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I'm considering building a silverfox and was debating whether to make the Trim pots internal or external for maximum tweak-ability. Has anyone built one with all the pots external? Or did you experiment and decide on only one external?

jkokura

I built one. Super overdrive, I like it a lot.

I opted for internal. I didn't regret it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

The bass and mid pots are great external on the 'Fox. The presence not so much. The upcoming Sparkplug project is sort of a generic Barber type overdrive and has external Bass and Mid, but no presence control.

Beedoola

Quote from: madbean on August 14, 2012, 10:36:56 PM
The bass and mid pots are great external on the 'Fox. The presence not so much. The upcoming Sparkplug project is sort of a generic Barber type overdrive and has external Bass and Mid, but no presence control.

Thanks MB. When is the Sparkplug going to be available? I may etch a silverfox and give it a go, thanks for the input!

madbean

Definitely do the Silverfox...not trying to talk you out of it just to sell another PCB :) The Sparkplug should be here in a couple of weeks, but it is not the LTD at all. Rather, just sayin those controls are quite helpful, IMO.

Geosh

Quote from: Beedoola on August 14, 2012, 10:01:02 PM
I'm considering building a silverfox and was debating whether to make the Trim pots internal or external for maximum tweak-ability. Has anyone built one with all the pots external? Or did you experiment and decide on only one external?

I did mine and one for my buddy with external bass and mids. VERY nice to have.

GermanCdn

I just finished building mine with all of the pots on the outside, partially because I don't like opening it up everytime to adjust, and partially because I wanted a dirt pedal with six knobs.  And the disease worsens....wait til the Bubba boards are done.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.