News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Blue aka Sea Urchin aka Industrial Soldering Robot Time

Started by pickdropper, August 31, 2012, 05:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: pickdropper on September 01, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
It's too bad Tayda doesn't carry 0603 resistors, their pricing is great on the 0805s.

You can always try sending them an email. I got them to stock a bunch of stuff awhile ago and they are always interested in growing bigger towards the pedal industry (my impression at least).
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

pickdropper

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 02, 2012, 03:42:40 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on September 01, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
It's too bad Tayda doesn't carry 0603 resistors, their pricing is great on the 0805s.

You can always try sending them an email. I got them to stock a bunch of stuff awhile ago and they are always interested in growing bigger towards the pedal industry (my impression at least).

Yeah, I've heard that works.  I actually sent them an email suggesting that they stock the surface mount PT2399s as their pricing is MUCH better than anywhere else on those chips.  They said they will look into it; we'll have to see what happens.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

brokenwings

Ettore_M

Great job, pickdropper! Looks like a production pedal..  ;D
I just started with SMD. For now, I make hybrid layouts (SMD resistors and ICs. through-hole capacitors, etc.) on Eagle for single-sided transfers as I like to etch my own PCBs. I'm now working on a Woody acoustic simulator and a Flatline compressor. I take most of the stuff from tayda. It's been pretty good until now!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Quote from: Ettore_M on September 04, 2012, 01:50:13 AM
Great job, pickdropper! Looks like a production pedal..  ;D
I just started with SMD. For now, I make hybrid layouts (SMD resistors and ICs. through-hole capacitors, etc.) on Eagle for single-sided transfers as I like to etch my own PCBs. I'm now working on a Woody acoustic simulator and a Flatline compressor. I take most of the stuff from tayda. It's been pretty good until now!

Hector

Sounds cool, Hector.  Please do build on those when you are done.  It would be cool to see your hybrid layouts.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper