News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is your favorite pedalboard buffer?

Started by atreidesheir, August 31, 2012, 09:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreidesheir

I want to hear everyone's opinion on pedalboard buffers and why they think they are great.

Which one floats your boat, gentlemen and ladies (perhaps)?

I have several buffer circuits on the harddrive and little idea how most of them sound or affect tone and so on...
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jkokura

My always on Ross style compressor.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JakeFuzz

I haven't experienced many buffers but I really like my Klon buffer. Simple yet very effective, capable of driving extremely long cable runs. It doesn't really color the sound that much either. The worst one I heard was the one in the MXR EVH phase 90; it just killed everything after it.

timbo_93631

Live I throw a TU-2 at the end of my pedalboard, it is buffered, but I really like it for the mute function as my amp doesn't have a standby.  I never am too far from my amp either so long cable runs are not really an issue.  I have a Ross comp clone at the front of my board so if I am going to use my wah it his that first and then onto fuzz, but if I am just running straight fuzz without the wah I leave the comp off.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

midwayfair

Quote from: jkokura on August 31, 2012, 09:22:52 AM
My always on Ross style compressor.

Jacob

Same here, except in my case it's an Orange Squeezer and technically my El Cap since it's in tails mode (but also almost always on).

the3secondrule

I'm a big fan of Jack Ormans Jfet Buffer, and also Austins (coldcrafts) stereo micro Buffer. both are easy to fit in a 1590a for a splitter / tuner out etc..
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

jtn191

right now I'm using the first pedal I built--a SHO with a dodgy switch--as a buffer