News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple of Baby's - Smoothie content

Started by gtr2, September 05, 2012, 04:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

I sold my set of baby builds for a song a couple weeks back to pay for some pending bills.  While I don't usually build for others, the buyer wanted a few more to complete the set so I agreed.  The clock of tone is based on this.  http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com/2008/02/clock-of-tone-50-modifed-cot50.html  Layout is my own.  Smoothie has the switchable vibe mod.

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Your builds always have a very refined look to them. Looks awesome.
Pcbs no longer available

pickdropper

Those look great.  Very clean and tidy.  As with you previous baby builds, I dig the etched plates.  Classy.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

greyscales

You've gotten these baby builds down to a science! Very clean builds, inside and out.

midwayfair

Man, these are great. I definitely felt for you when you announced that you had to sell the first four you made. Someone out there is a very lucky guitarist. :)

hoodoo

G'day Josh, i remember seeing your other babies for sale and thinking they were a work of art and how much it must have sucked to have to sell them to pay bills. Shame you had to sell them, lucky bugger who bought them. These are just as great. You should build for others some more, true pro quality.
The only reason that i didn't buy them is that i'm enjoying building my own too  much.
You've inspired my next build by the way, COT sounded pretty damn good.
Take it easy, Matt.

gtr2

Thanks.

I'm never terribly sentimental about things I build.  Except for a few builds.  It's harder for me to let go hard to come by items like delays.  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

fish22

man, these are so great.  :o
I love these. I wish i had a PCB of the modified COT50. The demo on that link sounds tasty.

How are you doing the badge label thingies? They look fantastic.
I assume your just etching a small plate? if thats the case where do you get the plate???
Every time I see your baby pedals, I get the itch to build a whole pedal board of babies!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

gtr2

Quote from: fish22 on September 05, 2012, 09:43:28 AM
man, these are so great.  :o
I love these. I wish i had a PCB of the modified COT50. The demo on that link sounds tasty.

How are you doing the badge label thingies? They look fantastic.
I assume your just etching a small plate? if thats the case where do you get the plate???
Every time I see your baby pedals, I get the itch to build a whole pedal board of babies!

I may actually do a run of PCB's with something similar to the COT.  I think it could be a hair better with a few tweaks.

The small plates are etched on one big plate and then cut with a band saw.  Watch out for fingers!!!  It's a time consuming process and it took me 3 tries to get the etches right.  The thin font was really hard not to over or under etch.

The plates come from onlinemetals.com

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Very nice work josh.

The sparkle finishes are really nice.

geekmacdaddy

gtr2

Quote from: raulduke on September 06, 2012, 01:26:20 AM
Very nice work josh.

The sparkle finishes are really nice.

Pedal Parts Plus!  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

Me likes. I'd say they are damn cute but I won't as that is not manly  :)
John

nzCdog

Slick!  I love your choice of colours and knobs... always so clean looking :o

sgmezei

Hey Josh can you explain the Vibes mod? If I am understanding it is switching two of the 10n caps with another value. I have been searching and found something about a 10:1 ratio.

Thanks man!