News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[non-madbean] Icky Thump - Delay/Fuzz/Vibrato

Started by MattOcaster, September 06, 2012, 02:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

lincolnic

This is a really excellent demo. I wish more of them were as thorough!

Om_Audio

Very cool, and great design.
I am contemplating a multi-pedal and am intrigued by your build.
Question- when making a pedal with added circuits (delay and LFO from your build for example), is the basic method simply adding them in series with a switch to control if they are in the path or not? I assume you would have to decide where in the internal chain they would be placed just as if the delay and LFO were their own pedals and you were deciding where to put them on a pedal board?
Thanks,
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

MattOcaster

Usually a multi pedal has circuits in series. A delay, although in series, technically has a parallel clean and delayed signal. In this case, the Fuzz is in series before the Delay - those are the 2 "audio" circuits. From there, the Envelope and LFO drive the LDR from the delay. So the LFO would be part of the delay, not a "pedal" that would affect the audio directly. :)
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Well done... its a chaos engine!  Sounds and looks great :)

Om_Audio

Thanks for the info. What is the LDR?
C

Quote from: mtmattan on September 08, 2012, 07:51:09 AM
Usually a multi pedal has circuits in series. A delay, although in series, technically has a parallel clean and delayed signal. In this case, the Fuzz is in series before the Delay - those are the 2 "audio" circuits. From there, the Envelope and LFO drive the LDR from the delay. So the LFO would be part of the delay, not a "pedal" that would affect the audio directly. :)

MattOcaster

Light dependent resistor. It's connected (usually in parallel) with the Depth pot. So the LED from the Envelope or LFO adjust wiggle the resistance. It's the same as manually turning the Depth pot. All the modulated Delays I've seen use that technique - aside from the "Rick Holt Little Angel chorus" technique to wiggle the Vref. That's my next challenge :)
www.SonicTitanFx.com

MattOcaster

Apologies, meant to say LDR is connected to the DELAY pot.
www.SonicTitanFx.com

Om_Audio

Thanks. I understand- my basic idea is correct- overall serial design, with certain modules having additional pots/circuits interacting with them.
I have been looking into the "Clari(not)" project and have heard it mentioned there is/was a Madbean version ca 2009 but I cannot locate it. Anyone?
Thanks,
C