News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tesla Cannon (Russian Big Muff)

Started by raulduke, September 10, 2012, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

This is a Russian Big Muff I built up on one of my Big Muff PCB's I have just got back from the fabricators.

There are two DIP switches on the PCB to select between Diode and LED clipping. Im pretty pleased with the way the layout worked out on this one (hence the zoomed in PCB shot  :))

I'm currently leaning towards LED clipping; sounds nice and 'open' and crunchy. I think I may alter a few values here and there to get the circuit more to my liking though (I used GGG Green Russian Muff schematic for the component values). I could also do with a bit more treble for my taste so might tweak the tonestack component values.

This is also my first attempt at a distressed finish. I'm flipping between thinking it looks cool, or thinking it looks straight fugly  :D

Anyway, hope you guys dig the pics!

nzCdog

wow thats cool. great theme/exectution on the enclosure... and impressive looking pcb 8)

night-B

Sigesmundninja

this has to be my favourite enclosure/theme/graphics here so far! very, very tasty job! what is that font you are using?

raulduke

Cheers Dude!

The font is Kremlin Bolshevik; it looks cool and Russian but is also legible, which a lot of the others weren't.

The LED clipping is a really cool sound that I'm liking at the moment.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Mmmm, dip switches.

I want a tesla coil. :(

eldanko

Yay for more Tesla-themed pedals!  Looks pro!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

lincolnic

Om_Audio

Wow, nice clean layout and I love the clipping options. Did you have to put a lot of effort to making the layout be so symmetrical? You could give street names to the lanes in between the components!

Great job, would love to hear it.

Speaking of Tesla, I took part in this and it is well on it's way to being a success story:
http://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum

C
Sent via soup cans and string.

raulduke

Quote from: Om_Audio on September 11, 2012, 04:56:25 AM
Wow, nice clean layout and I love the clipping options. Did you have to put a lot of effort to making the layout be so symmetrical? You could give street names to the lanes in between the components!

Great job, would love to hear it.

Speaking of Tesla, I took part in this and it is well on it's way to being a success story:
http://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum

C

Cheers Dude!

Yeah I had to put quite a bit of effort in to get everything nice and symmetrical. From an EE perspective I guess it would be better to have PCB traces, and component placement, as direct as possible. But I think a nice symmetrical PCB looks cool so hey ho  :D!

All my recording rig set back up so I should be able to get some clips without much problem.

bigrigg