News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to get a diode symbol in a vector format?

Started by Bret608, September 10, 2012, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get ahold of a diode symbol that I can use in Illustrator to denote a diode switch. Where might I lay hands on such a thing? Or is there an easy way to draw one myself?

Thanks,

Bret

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on September 10, 2012, 07:24:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get ahold of a diode symbol that I can use in Illustrator to denote a diode switch. Where might I lay hands on such a thing? Or is there an easy way to draw one myself?

Thanks,

Bret

Hey Bret, you an easily draw one with the polygon tool and a series of lines.

You can also snag a jpeg of it from google images and then use the live trace function in AI.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Ah...sounds good Dave! I will try this and report back.

Bret608

I was able to get a jpeg and get this into the live trace mode easily--thanks! There seem to be a few options that come up when you go into live trace (preset, theshold, min area, etc.)--any suggestions on what would be best to get this into a usable format?

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on September 10, 2012, 07:57:44 AM
I was able to get a jpeg and get this into the live trace mode easily--thanks! There seem to be a few options that come up when you go into live trace (preset, theshold, min area, etc.)--any suggestions on what would be best to get this into a usable format?

The first thing I would do is try all of the different live trace presets with the preview function enables.  The default live trace isn't always the best option.  I woul try that before tinkering with threshold or min area.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Bret608

Hey, just to report back on this, the "black and white logo" preset seemed to work best for this. Is there any important next step to take after figuring that out?