News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Apis. Klon in a 1590a

Started by jimmybjj, September 11, 2012, 04:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Got all of the passives except one in the same direction :) I used all ceramics for polarized cap positions, even the two 47uf's. Bat41's for the diodes but got some oa126's on the way. I made the mistake of not measuring the template i had in eagle and paid the price. As you can see in the top of the enclosure the cutouts are not deep enough which pushed the pcb down, luckily i was able to still make it fit  ::) Eagle files updated, that won't happen again. I've never used these type of jacks before didn't realize they were switching until it was wired up, next time i will have the i/o's switched to ground.

As usual crappy pic's don't do the pedals finish justice. Finished in DC texture powder coat. Embossed graphics. Aluminum knobs from smallbear. Background is actual beeswax that i use in my beekeeping adventures :)

This particular build sounds really midrangey for some reason. Maybe the carbon comp resistor tolerances?

Pcbs no longer available

stecykmi

alanp

I suspect there will be quite a few people who want to give you money, Jimmy, in exchange for one of those Shetland Centaurs  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

hoodoo

Wow mate, how the hell did you get all that in there? I just finished my first baby build, red llama and i struggled to get that in there, practice makes perfect i guess.  :) Great finish too, how do you get the design pressed into the finish.
Take it easy, Matt.

pickdropper

Stellar build, Jimmy.  Everything about it is great.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

I like the finish! As admirable as it is that you got a klone into a 1590a, I think that understated finish is fanfreakingtastic.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

Aw, you're killing me.

Did you make your own layout from scratch, or use (or adapt) saxoftenest's layout?

slimtriggers

jimmybjj

Thanks for all the super compliments guys!!!

Quote from: hoodoo on September 11, 2012, 04:55:11 PM
Great finish too, how do you get the design pressed into the finish.
Take it easy, Matt.

3 layers of high temp vinyl stacked via registration marks. Slow powder coat cure to prevent the melting of vinyl before the powder can flow.

Quote from: jkokura on September 11, 2012, 05:12:30 PM
I like the finish! As admirable as it is that you got a klone into a 1590a, I think that understated finish is fanfreakingtastic.

Jacob

Awesome, i glad someone else likes this finish as much as i do.

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2012, 05:12:57 PM
Aw, you're killing me.

Did you make your own layout from scratch, or use (or adapt) saxoftenest's layout?

No, all original. Actually i copied Brians schematic. Layout is completely mine.
Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

I've been a fan of many of your builds but I think that's my new favorite.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 11, 2012, 05:21:03 PM
I've been a fan of many of your builds but I think that's my new favorite.

Mine too!

It's like all your lost pedals built a super pedal to rule the world.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Jim that is so cool!  Great layout... great build!  Very impressive 8)

Quote from: alanp on September 11, 2012, 04:51:09 PM
I suspect there will be quite a few people who want to give you money, Jimmy, in exchange for one of those Shetland Centaurs  ;D
lolz

sgmezei

mgwhit

Everything about this is amazing.  Awesome job!