Previous topic - Next topic

aflynt

Seriously amazing job all around.

-Aaron

lincolnic

Everything about this pedal is great.

MattOcaster

Awesome!
And to think most Klones still use a horizontal 1590BB for all that mojo.
(now just have fun explaining to the uninformed guitarist!)
You even included the charge pump!  ;D

How long does it usually take to get your PCBs back?
Judging by those sexay purple pcbs, I assume you used dorkbot?

I've actually never done a 1590a build, but have managed my 1590b's with back mounted jacks.
With side jacks, don't the 1590a's take up just as much space on the pedal board then?
Not to criticize your stunning build at all, just surprised at the lack of "1590b with back mounted jacks".

In case anyone is wondering, if you shave down the top of those plastic jacks you used, it's just enough space to fit under the pots.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

raulduke

Thats a beautiful build mate  :o.

I really like that finish. You have convinced me that I need a Powdercoating kit for Christmas  :D!

I am really impressed by your PCB layout as well; nice and neat considering the amount of stuff in that small space.

On a side note; my Mum is into bee keeping. They are fascinating, if a little delicate, creatures I have to say (plus free honey is always a good thing  :D).

Did you get a good crop from yours this year?

jimmybjj

Thanks again for the compliments guy!!!

Quote from: MattOcaster on September 12, 2012, 12:14:06 AM
How long does it usually take to get your PCBs back?
Judging by those sexay purple pcbs, I assume you used dorkbot?

I've actually never done a 1590a build, but have managed my 1590b's with back mounted jacks.
With side jacks, don't the 1590a's take up just as much space on the pedal board then?
Not to criticize your stunning build at all, just surprised at the lack of "1590b with back mounted jacks".

In case anyone is wondering, if you shave down the top of those plastic jacks you used, it's just enough space to fit under the pots.

Dorkbot takes about 3 weeks

I don't think so. with the 1590b you still have to put the dc jack on the side (i haven't tried any of those super small dc jacks some people are using, maybe they would work.), creating a wider footprint. Even with the side jacks, i think a 1590a with right angle jacks is still considerably smaller than a 1590b
Pcbs no longer available

jimmybjj

Quote from: raulduke on September 12, 2012, 01:31:20 AM
Thats a beautiful build mate  :o.

I really like that finish. You have convinced me that I need a Powdercoating kit for Christmas  :D!

I am really impressed by your PCB layout as well; nice and neat considering the amount of stuff in that small space.

On a side note; my Mum is into bee keeping. They are fascinating, if a little delicate, creatures I have to say (plus free honey is always a good thing  :D).

Did you get a good crop from yours this year?

Cool, powdercoating really is easier than people think once you work out the initial bugs. Thanks, i was pretty happy about this layout. No honey yet this year expecting some soon. We split all of our hive in spring so they have to recover. We are up to about 40 hives. They are amazing creatures.
Pcbs no longer available

jimmybjj

Quote from: gtr2 on September 11, 2012, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on September 11, 2012, 05:21:03 PM
I've been a fan of many of your builds but I think that's my new favorite.

Mine too!

It's like all your lost pedals built a super pedal to rule the world.

Josh

Thanks guys, thats a great compliment. That comment made my laugh, thanks Josh :)
Pcbs no longer available

Om_Audio

Oh man you gotta be kidding, so cool. I love bees. Not Africanized.
I want one. Did you bee lovers ever see I think cycle 2 from Matthew Barney's "cremaster" film series? Mysterious bee references abound.
Would love to hear it and you send me a board, I send you money so you can buy more bees.
:)
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

jimijam

sweet like squirell meat....fine and dandy like sour candy!
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

jimmybjj

Quote from: Om_Audio on September 12, 2012, 04:19:25 AM
Oh man you gotta be kidding, so cool. I live bees. Not Africanized.
I want one. Did you bee lovers ever see I think cycle 2 from Matthew Barney's "cremaster" film series? Mysterious bee references abound.
Would love to hear it and you send me a board, I send you money so you can buy more bees.
:)
C
Quote from: alanp on September 11, 2012, 04:51:09 PM
I suspect there will be quite a few people who want to give you money, Jimmy, in exchange for one of those Shetland Centaurs  ;D
If there is enough interest I'd do a small 10 piece run.
Pcbs no longer available

Mich P

I'm in for a one or two !!
Mich P.

Mich P

I'm in for one or two !!
Mich P.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

eldanko

LOVE the embossed artwork on the box.  Amazing idea, and the execution is flawless.  Really well done sir.

On that note... yes, I'd be in for a PCB.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

TheCobbenator

I always wondered if this were possible!? Leave it to Jimmy! Incredible work, sir!

I'd be down for one or two PCBs!