News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Couple of New Builds, first 1590a

Started by hoodoo, September 13, 2012, 04:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day Madbeaners, Matt here.
Just thought that i'd share my latest builds, anybody guess what the blue one may be? HEHEH nothing very original in the artwork.
Grind Customs Chimaera,The verdict is still out on this one. It does sound good, there is a certain sparkle and fatness to it but I think that i was expecting something magical from all the hype surrounding the original. I have read that it sounds better through a fender type amp, which i haven't tried yet. I have a kingslayer waiting to be built, will be interested to compare them.
Mine doesn't drive much at all and the gain seems to work in reverse, is this normal?
Any suggestions on other ic's to try?
The silver one is a tagboard effects layout of a red llama. I had decals designed and printed for this one, but was too impatient to wait so simply polished the box.
This is my first foray into the world of tiny guitar effects pedals and only my second attempt at vero.
I was pretty f@#king happy that it worked  ;D I can see how they become an addiction.
I love the sound of this one, nice overdrive, but where it shines IMO is as a boost after a distortion pedal, has a kind of a treble boost to it.
Anyhow,
Take it easy,
Matt.