News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Wet Switch Question

Started by Micpoc, November 16, 2010, 03:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micpoc

If I want to eliminate the increased bass option and not utilize the Wet switch, do I need to jumper those two pads, or just leave them empty? Alternatively, can anyone recommend an appropriate DIP switch from Mouser to use there? 

eniacmike

to leave it off just leave it empty, to leave it on jumper it.

If anything I would leave it permanently on. unless you really want to keep it to stock ce-2 specs. It doesn't make that huge of difference but I think it does sound better with the extra bass in there.

Micpoc

Thanks for the info, eniacmike; I still haven't tested it with my main amp yet, so I'm undecided, but I'm now leaning towards installing a DIP-type switch, instead of the toggle.  It doesn't seem like something I'd ever feel the need to switch on AND off while playing.

madbean

You could get fancy and use a pot with an spst on it. Then just pull the shaft up for added bass.

I wish I had thought of this before! I might build one up where each pot has this for the three switches. That would be totally slick!

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

eniacmike

Quote from: madbean on November 17, 2010, 06:57:37 AM
You could get fancy and use a pot with an spst on it. Then just pull the shaft up for added bass.

I wish I had thought of this before! I might build one up where each pot has this for the three switches. That would be totally slick!

SO SWEET!

Micpoc

Quote from: madbean on November 17, 2010, 06:57:37 AM

I haven't seen one of those before, though I have seen them with DPDTs.  It IS a great idea; would depth of the enclosure would be an issue?  The minipot/DPDT I've used before on a guitar, IIRC, would be a little too deep for a BB.

madbean

I'll look for suitable pots and post here once I find them.