News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Bumblebee

Started by jjjimi84, July 02, 2021, 02:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I have been working so much I didn't even know it was Friday.. Alright here we are in the home stretch, I think there is only 4 more left in the VFE builds. Without further ado the bumblebee!

This was a really challenging build, getting it dialed in and sounding good was pretty hard. Then once I realized you play to this pedal it made it a little bit easier. You have to be really aggressive with your muting and picking to take full advantage of the swell effect. It sounds really good once I got it and then you add in some delay and overdrive it is the bee knees...... Like what I did there?

I have been loving doing black and white paintings and this one really came together fast and looks nice and neat. Someone might say not painting a transformer on here was a missed opportunity....

Thewintersoldier

I dig it Dan, and I think this looks better than a transformer, decepticons are way cooler anyways
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Nice! I had to find just the right jfet for mine. Brian helped me out, good ones are getting harder to find. I think it's a great compressor too. I liked it so much, I bought an original VFE to add to my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on July 02, 2021, 07:41:21 PM
Nice! I had to find just the right jfet for mine. Brian helped me out, good ones are getting harder to find. I think it's a great compressor too. I liked it so much, I bought an original VFE to add to my collection.

I agree with you! It is a great compressor and it is featured for a brief part in next weeks video.